ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

ILR Question

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

I have nearly finished my five years and elligible for ILR and will be applying for it soon.
I have one question, I got married one and half years ago. Someone told me that she is not elligible for ILR as she has been in the UK for less than two years. Is this right? Should I wait for her to complete her two years in the UK?

Please help..

Regards,
Indian_in_uk
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:24 am

Hi Indian

As long as your wife is on your dependent visa, you can add her in your ILR application straightaway. There is no minimum residency criteria for your spouse provided he / she have a dependent visa.

You cannot include your spouse as your dependent if you are going to apply for ILR based on ten years of lawful residence.

Best of luck

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 am

indian_in_uk, the comment from jazbaati99 is correct, but I add the following :-

In order to apply for ILR a pass certificate from the Life in the UK Citizenship test (or a completion certificate from a combined ESOL/Citizenship course) will need to be submitted with the application .... and that applies to both you and your wife. (Assuming ages between 18 and 64.)

So the question is .. have you and your wife both got the needed certificate ... or have you still got that pleasure to come?
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:44 pm

John wrote:indian_in_uk, the comment from jazbaati99 is correct, but I add the following :-

In order to apply for ILR a pass certificate from the Life in the UK Citizenship test (or a completion certificate from a combined ESOL/Citizenship course) will need to be submitted with the application .... and that applies to both you and your wife. (Assuming ages between 18 and 64.)

So the question is .. have you and your wife both got the needed certificate ... or have you still got that pleasure to come?
Hi jazbaati99 and John,

Many many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate :) This indeed clears the confusion.

John, yes, both me and my wife have passed the Life in the UK test and we both have the certificates. Thanks once again.

Can you tell me one more thing please? Do we have to wait for one more year for british passport/naturalisation or can we start the process straight away after geting our ILR?

Thanks again guys, your help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Indian
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:57 pm

indian_in_uk wrote:
John wrote:indian_in_uk, the comment from jazbaati99 is correct, but I add the following :-

Hi jazbaati99 and John,

Many many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate :) This indeed clears the confusion.

John, yes, both me and my wife have passed the Life in the UK test and we both have the certificates. Thanks once again.

Can you tell me one more thing please? Do we have to wait for one more year for british passport/naturalisation or can we start the process straight away after geting our ILR?

Thanks again guys, your help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Indian
U have to wait for one more year