ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gyan on Dependents EC (HSMP) Process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldhill
Newly Registered

Gyan on Dependents EC (HSMP) Process

Post by goldhill » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:16 am

Hi Friends

Please help me get cleared on couple of things.

1.Dependents Visa

I came to UK on HSMP visa from India recently, and I just got a job in this week. Now I am planning to get my wife and kid on dependent visa.

When I was applying for my EC I did not include my wife and kid as my kid does not have passport then. I thought of get the EC done for them onece my kid also gets the passport sanctioned. Now that my kid also have passport, I am planning to bring them here as early as possible in couple of months time. I have gone thru all the websites/forums and I have no clarity on, if I can bring them to UK in 2 months time. I have read one of the UK govt immigration sites that atleast I need to submit 6 months bank statements and payslips (of UK) for dependents EC. Is that correct? Do I need to wait for 6 months to get all the documents in place (like 6 months UK bank statements, Payslips, utility & council tax bills etc.) or I can go for EC for my dependents, onece I have my 1st month salary, utility & council tax bills and Bank statements?

On my HSMP visa it was stated no. of. dependents 0, though I have mentioned about my dependents details at the time of my EC form. Is this going to create a problem or that is how it is as my wife and kid not travelling with me then.

what are Settlement and Non-settlement visas.? In which category my dependents visa comes under.

2. Car Driving License

I have Indian Driving License but I did not to get my IDP (Intl. Driving Permit) done while coming to UK. It was stated in the following website http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm that I can drive for 12 months in UK with my Indian DL, however do I still need IDP to drive here?.

I would really appreciate if someone gives quick response to my post.

Rgds
Goldhill

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Gyan on Dependents EC (HSMP) Process

Post by olisun » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:47 am

goldhill wrote:however do I still need IDP to drive here?
U can drive on your Indian license for 12 months in the UK but you need to keep your "dirty driving" habits back at home.... :lol: :lol:

I would advise you to buy the highway code book and read it and also take a few driving lessons just to get an idea about how different it is driving in the UK than in India.