ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doing an Inspection of Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tams123
Newly Registered

Doing an Inspection of Accomodation

Post by Tams123 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know I live in the Borough of Harrow and was thinking of doing an inspection of accommodation for the purpose of spouse visa, just in case they ask for it, I do not know how to go about with it do I contact the Council or do I go to an agency.

If someone can suggest something would be of great help.

WR1

Re: Doing an Inspection of Accomodation

Post by WR1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Your local council would provide this service, and some estate agents do too.

Best to make inquiries. I went for a local estate agent in my area as they were cheaper than what the council would have charged.

Its a simple report that will assess against the Housing Act 1985 that will verify there will be no overcrowding with the addition of your spouse joining you. If you do contact your local estate agents, explain to them the purpose of the report as not all agents provide this service.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided