ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Application form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cecilia1019
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Application form

Post by Cecilia1019 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:53 am

I am preparing the Tier 2 General Application form. In the case of switch current Tier 2 general to a new Tier 2 general as change of sponsor. What is the right answer for 'L.9 Is your current or last grant of leave in the same sub category as that for which you
are now applying?'

Thanks

irene11lcf
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Application form

Post by irene11lcf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 am

yes. you are still applying under T2 G

NG1208
Newly Registered

Post by NG1208 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Im switching from Tier 2 PBS dependent to T2 G. I was told that I need to apply from my home country and not in country.

I have few initial questons:
1. My current address is in the UK as I have been a resident as PBS dependent for last 3.2 years. Is it ok to use the UK address as main address and correspondence address in India? Like wise, temporary no is an Indian mobile no but permanent is UK based no.
2.I need to provide 3 months bank statements for maintenance funds, is it OK to provide UK bank statement?
3. does anyone know that i need to provide my UK rent lease agreement as I currently reside in the UK?
4. Any information on documents required will be helpful.
Last, I'm trying to submit my application from Bangalore as a fast track application, any idea on what timescales to expect?

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 pm

NG1208 wrote:Im switching from Tier 2 PBS dependent to T2 G. I was told that I need to apply from my home country and not in country.

I have few initial questons:
1. My current address is in the UK as I have been a resident as PBS dependent for last 3.2 years. Is it ok to use the UK address as main address and correspondence address in India? Like wise, temporary no is an Indian mobile no but permanent is UK based no.
2.I need to provide 3 months bank statements for maintenance funds, is it OK to provide UK bank statement?
3. does anyone know that i need to provide my UK rent lease agreement as I currently reside in the UK?
4. Any information on documents required will be helpful.
Last, I'm trying to submit my application from Bangalore as a fast track application, any idea on what timescales to expect?
Yes, you will have to return to India to make the application.

1. If I were you I would just put the Indian address/number as your current address, and put the UK address in the intended UK address section. But even if you don't do this, there shouldn't be a problem. They know you were a dependant. Even so, if you are worried and you are doing this yourself, you may want to write a short supporting letter to explain anything like this that you are worried about.

2. Yes it is fine, but I would advise that you should either submit the paper statements given by the bank, or you should get the bank to stamp every page of your electronic statement. And you should ask the bank for a letter confirming the amount over the 90 day period in the way specified in the guide linked to in 4. below.

N.B. if your sponsor is willing to certify your maintenance for the first month, then you don't need to evidence maintenance funds in your account/

3. It is not mandatory, but if you have it then I don't see the harm. It shows that you have somewhere to live and are therefore less likely to resort to public funds.

4. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... uments.pdf

Also check the Guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

5. From the VFS global website (priority service)

Processing times:

UK Visas and Immigration will prioritize the processing of your application and aim to make your documents available for collection (or passed to the courier, if you have paid for this service) in the following timescales:

at the end of the next working day (day 2) in Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi;
at the end of the third working day in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Kolkata and Pune;
at the end of the fourth working day in Bangalore, Cochin and Hyderabad.

Important note: Using the priority visa service does not guarantee that your visa application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the UK’s Immigration Rules. The priority visa service fee will not be refunded if the visa is refused or, in exceptional circumstances, takes longer than the processing times set out above.

Hope that helps, good luck!

NG1208
Newly Registered

Post by NG1208 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks mate for the quick response. i'm going through the links and they are very helpful indeed.
I wanted some more help in filling out the application, out-of-country tier 2 is a bizarre application form.

1. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
Does this include extension of leave to remain as a PBS dependent?
2. Visits to the UK section - this is more designed for people to apply out of country, do we include holiday visits to home country or is it just the first date of arrival in the country?

spp222
Newly Registered

Post by spp222 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:50 pm

I am also in a similar situation. I request for your kind response to help me in filling the Tier 2 Gen application form. Urgent please.

I have Tier2 ICT Long term partner visa since Nov 2013 and currently applying for Tier 2 General from India. I have already received the CoS from my current employer. I am in UK and will be traveling to India in 2 weeks to complete my TB testing and Visa application at Mumbai. I am currently stuck at my Visa application form.

1. Visit to the UK section: I have entered the Nov 13 as my entry to UK. But it is not allowing me to put a future date for leaving the UK (which will be in 2 weeks in future). It picks up the latest current date only. What can be done for this?
If I leave the date of leaving UK to the current date on my application form, submit online application now and correct the date later manually with signature to the actual date of return on the day of Visa appointment, will it be acceptable?

2. I am in a hurry to complete the Visa process in 3 weeks and come back to UK to resume work. Therefore I am trying to fix the Visa appointment date now by submitting the application online from UK. Is it a problem?
Or do I need to wait till I reach Mumbai to submit my application form online?

3. I am putting 'permanent resident address' as my home address in India though I have been staying in UK for last 1 year. I believe my home address is the permanent address for me not the UK one. Is it fine?

4. Is your spouse traveling with you?- I have answered 'Yes'. My spouse (Tier 2 ICT staff) is also traveling with me to India and traveling back along with me with his original Visa on the same date. But I will have my Visa stamping done on my new Tier2 Gen Visa. Therefore, I am declaring that he is traveling with me. Do I need to change that option to 'No' to avoid confusion?

5. Can I get my TB report in one day if I have an early morning appointment? Can someone share the personal experience?

6. Can I apply for priority service from Mumbai VAF? I have seen people raising this question earlier also, but did not find an answer.

Sorry for the long post. But short and direct answers will be extremely helpful. Thanks for your support in advance.

spp222
Newly Registered

Post by spp222 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:32 am

Can someone please respond to the above post at the earliest? Thanks, it will be much appreciated.

spp222
Newly Registered

Post by spp222 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Dear Moderators, please respond to my earlier queries.

MJAYA
Newly Registered

Post by MJAYA » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:28 pm

spp222 wrote:I am also in a similar situation. I request for your kind response to help me in filling the Tier 2 Gen application form. Urgent please.

I have Tier2 ICT Long term partner visa since Nov 2013 and currently applying for Tier 2 General from India. I have already received the CoS from my current employer. I am in UK and will be traveling to India in 2 weeks to complete my TB testing and Visa application at Mumbai. I am currently stuck at my Visa application form.

1. Visit to the UK section: I have entered the Nov 13 as my entry to UK. But it is not allowing me to put a future date for leaving the UK (which will be in 2 weeks in future). It picks up the latest current date only. What can be done for this?
If I leave the date of leaving UK to the current date on my application form, submit online application now and correct the date later manually with signature to the actual date of return on the day of Visa appointment, will it be acceptable?

2. I am in a hurry to complete the Visa process in 3 weeks and come back to UK to resume work. Therefore I am trying to fix the Visa appointment date now by submitting the application online from UK. Is it a problem?
Or do I need to wait till I reach Mumbai to submit my application form online?

3. I am putting 'permanent resident address' as my home address in India though I have been staying in UK for last 1 year. I believe my home address is the permanent address for me not the UK one. Is it fine?

4. Is your spouse traveling with you?- I have answered 'Yes'. My spouse (Tier 2 ICT staff) is also traveling with me to India and traveling back along with me with his original Visa on the same date. But I will have my Visa stamping done on my new Tier2 Gen Visa. Therefore, I am declaring that he is traveling with me. Do I need to change that option to 'No' to avoid confusion?

5. Can I get my TB report in one day if I have an early morning appointment? Can someone share the personal experience?

6. Can I apply for priority service from Mumbai VAF? I have seen people raising this question earlier also, but did not find an answer.

Sorry for the long post. But short and direct answers will be extremely helpful. Thanks for your support in advance.

HELLO

I have been facing this similar problems as yu and would really appreciate to know what decisions you toook.

1. I have problems with putting my leaving date out of UK (which doesnt let me put a future date)
I am living in the UK at the moment as PBS dependent and willing to change my Visa category to Tier 2

2. Since i have been living in the UK over 6 months i believe i dont need the TB certificate.
Plesae advice if i should be putting one

3. Since i am living in the UK i have address proof only here but not in my home country. and the primary contact number is a UK one too. will that be a problem?

4. For NHS treatment section , last day of taking treatment is it the last day of finishing of medications or is it the last prescription day?

Many thanks in advance for replying and helping out! :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am

MJAYA wrote: HELLO

I have been facing this similar problems as yu and would really appreciate to know what decisions you toook.

1. I have problems with putting my leaving date out of UK (which doesnt let me put a future date)
I am living in the UK at the moment as PBS dependent and willing to change my Visa category to Tier 2

2. Since i have been living in the UK over 6 months i believe i dont need the TB certificate.
Plesae advice if i should be putting one

3. Since i am living in the UK i have address proof only here but not in my home country. and the primary contact number is a UK one too. will that be a problem?

4. For NHS treatment section , last day of taking treatment is it the last day of finishing of medications or is it the last prescription day?

Many thanks in advance for replying and helping out! :)
Please start your own topic instead of digging up one that is almost 3 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.