ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After withdrawal, document missing!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandesh_in
Newly Registered

After withdrawal, document missing!

Post by sandesh_in » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:19 am

Guys,

HSMP team have promptly returned my application back after I asked for withdrawal and for my surprise "they have not returned the India driving license" which I had submitted for the age proof evidence.

How to go about retrieving it?

Senior Members, any inputs on how to ask HSMP team for missing documents would be highly appreciated.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Send them a fax immediately mentioning the application reference number. You should also call them up.

regards,

sandesh_in
Newly Registered

Post by sandesh_in » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I shall do so on Monday, as it would be of no use today. I hope thats ok.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:27 pm

Ya but you can definitely shoot off an email rt now. When you call them and if you have the app reference number, you may get a chance to speak to the caseworker directly ( need to request the person at the main board)

sandesh_in
Newly Registered

Post by sandesh_in » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:11 pm

Dear Push_hsmp,

Thanks once again for a quick reply, forgot to mention in my last post that...I have the caseworker details with me and I have sent him an email directly....but he works only 2 days a week, so wanted to know a faster way of approaching them :-)

Does anything needs to done further from myside?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:15 pm

I think you are very much on the track.
So wait till Monday and speak to them.

regards,

sandesh_in
Newly Registered

Post by sandesh_in » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Dear Push_hsmp and other senior members,

The caseworker has finally confirmed that he has lost it and has asked me to get in touch with "Complaints and Compensations" section.

Any ideas how this team treats lost documents and what sort of compensation do they offer? Please advise.

Can I directly write to them or I have to take any agency's help?

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

sandesh_in wrote:The caseworker has finally confirmed that he has lost it and has asked me to get in touch with "Complaints and Compensations" section.

Any ideas how this team treats lost documents and what sort of compensation do they offer? Please advise.

Can I directly write to them or I have to take any agency's help?
Of course you can write directly to the Complaints & Compensation people, that's why the caseworker encouraged you to contact them.

As for the compensation: think about it for a moment. It would be reasonable to ask for the amount of money that it will cost to have your driver's licence reissued. Check with the office where you got your driver's licence to ask them the fee for reissue. If you ask for a reasonable amount of money you have a better chance of getting it. If you ask for the amount of the fee plus GBP 200 or whatever for your inconvenience, you may get nothing at all.

Just my two cents!!