ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mum's visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leis

Mum's visa query

Post by Leis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello
My mum was staying with my brother. He was the sponsorer for her settlement visa (elderly dependant). While she was under him, he tortured her not to talk to me and was also threatening her to cancel the visa and send her back yo India. She frightened.
So I just entered his house with the help of Police and brought my mum back to my home.

Now I have few queries:
1. As the sponsorer can he able to cancel the settlement visa?
2. Can I able to change the sponsorship to my name?

Anybody's advise is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Mum's visa query

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

1. No as it's an undertaking. Technically he should be looking after her, but I wouldn't pursue that.
2. No point he's liable, just make sure your Mother doesn't claim public funds for the 5 years the sponsorship undertaking is valid.

When the 5 years is complete apply for her citizenship insofar as she meets the general requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Leis

Post by Leis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Amber
Thanks so much

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:53 am

Leis,

I am sorry to hear that your mother is being mistreated by your brother, I hope you resolve things for her asap. Can I ask how you managed to obtain a dependent visa for her? My husband would like his mother to move here as the quality of life would be much better for her as she gets older and her health may deteriorate further.

Leis

Post by Leis » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Hello Sohopeful,

Thanks for sharing my problem.
My brother only applied the settlement visa for my mum.As for as I know
you have to strongly prove that no one is your home country to look after her.
She cannot manage herself for her basic needs like cooking, bathing etc
Also you need a doctor's certificate to confirm all these.
My brother told m that it was nightmare to get all these.Initially they rejected the application but later he appealed and got it. He spent lot.
So before you apply better read the present requirements carefully and apply it. Do not waste your money. Be plan and prepare all the docs as required by Home office.
I wish you good luck