ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trevel after or before ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ejy1229
Newly Registered

Trevel after or before ceremony

Post by ejy1229 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi all
I am planning on applying citizenship in August. I will use Nationality Checking Service.
My husband and i try to go holiday to other Europe in September.
Is it possible to travel either after I get an accepted letter but before ceremony, or after ceremoney but before applying British Passport? I will travel with my current passport.
If anyone has experience or knows about it??

Thanks. :)

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Trevel after or before ceremony

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 pm

At the moment it is taking more than 80 days .. I can't forsee that u will get a ceremony letter in Sep for the application made in Aug .. During this waiting period ur passport will be with u .. Surprisingly If u happen receive ceremony letter with in sep .. I think u will have Atleast of couple weeks for it and you should be able to change to a later date ..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

If u finish ur ceremony it's up to u how quickly u can apply for passport ..check what is the time limit u have .. U should be able to finish ur euro tour if it is not more than couple of weeks

ejy1229
Newly Registered

Post by ejy1229 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:If u finish ur ceremony it's up to u how quickly u can apply for passport ..check what is the time limit u have .. U should be able to finish ur euro tour if it is not more than couple of weeks
My trip will be either 10days or couple weeks.
I hope that everything works for me.
Thank you very much for your answer :)