ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary or Maintenance?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stanleychan87
Newly Registered

Salary or Maintenance?

Post by Stanleychan87 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello all,

I am stressful recently since I will apply for the FLM (M) visa in August. I will get married with my fiancée in middle of August. She is from Britain so she will be my sponsor. She is currently under DLA while I am having income more than £18,600 per year under Tier 2 General Work visa which expire in October 2016. In section 7.1 in the FLR (M) form, they ask whether we get exemption from the financial requirement. If I use my salary to prove it will be much easier than using my fiancée DLA as it requires more paperwork. Is it ok to tick no and then only use my salary as a proof?

Many Thanks
Stanley

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Salary or Maintenance?

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

You tick you are exempt and complete 7B and include details of your salary to satisfy adequate maintenance. A1 English also required. DLA only requires 2 documents :-?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Stanleychan87
Newly Registered

Post by Stanleychan87 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Dear Amber,

Thank you for the information. What are the two letters? Are they bank statement and letter DWP. I am currently renting house a room in London and she is under housing benefits in Manchester. I am intended to move in with her. We will end up paying rent and council tax once we get married. Do I need to show my rent current rent and what type of document she needs to provide?

Another thing, the letter is name under her nan is it ok?

Her nan just met the immigration advisor and I think he is talking rubbish. He said we cannot get married because I am under tier 2 General. I need to go back to home country and apply. He also said my salary won't even count as she is my sponsor.

Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:53 pm

That solicitor needs to retrain. Yes DWP letter of entitlement and a bank statement in the last month. You should supply 6 months wages slips and corresponding bank statements along with a letter from your employer.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Stanleychan87
Newly Registered

Post by Stanleychan87 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:39 am

Thank you so much Amber. That very clear.

What about the accommodation proof? Should I put my rent in ? As we renting a house now so we split by four and we are moving out next month so I don't think the landlord will be helpful. My intention is to move to Manchester with my fiancée.

Many thanks
Ratanak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

I don't think it's expressly requested.

Stanleychan87
Newly Registered

Post by Stanleychan87 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Hope they won't need it then. For accomodation, I will only need my fiancee to get housing letter from the council :) Thank you for your advice.

Do you think my list below is enough as I will be applying for same service at Liverpool a few days after the wedding?

Financial and Maintenance
[ ]My 7 months bank statement
[ ]At least months payslips and P60
[ ]A letter from company with letter head saying payslips and P60 forms are authentic, job title n gross annual salary, length of their employment, and period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon the application and type of employment
[ ]My fiancée official document from department for work and pension confirming entitlement and the amount received
[ ]Her last month bank statement

Evidence of meeting the accommodation requirement
[ ]Letter from Council given permission to move in and housing 1985 act

Evidence meeting english requirement
[ ]University of Nottingham certificate and transcript

Communication and Relationship evidence:
[ ]Skype screen shot
[ ]Facebook print out - both me and my fiancée
[ ]Train tickets proof as visiting her every weekend
[ ]Marriage certificate - to get on the wedding day
[ ]Wedding ceremony photos - to get on the wedding day

Identification document:
[ ]Latest Photos
[ ]Passports
[ ]Biometric Resident Permit

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Seems good.