ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debit card payment failed , documents returned, Do I have

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sow2k
Newly Registered

Debit card payment failed , documents returned, Do I have

Post by sow2k » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Debit card payment failed , documents returned with one letter that has HSMP reference number. Do I have quote the HSMP reference number , when I send the application again with proper payment ?

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi,

The number you received is not your HSMP ref. number, it's the payment ref. number. You will receive the HSMP ref. number only after your payment has been successfully processed. I recommend getting an international bank draft ("money order"). Do not quote the number that you received.

I had to send my application three times before I got my HSMP ref. number - first time was in early Apr when they raised the fee so my payment of GBP 315 was insufficient. The second time I sent the application I tried to pay by debit card. The debit card transaction was declined by my bank ("fraud protection"). The third time I sent the application my international bank draft was accepted and my HSMP ref. number was issued.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:52 pm

And to add to that, having been both warned by ball1333 given her experience and having had my own prior experiences with my CC company declining legitimate charges in the name of "fraud protection," I notified them about 4 different times and ways that the fee was coming through and to please, for love of God, accept it as it was a legitimate and intended charge. It worked.

Hopefully you'll have better luck the second time around!
ball1333 wrote:Hi,

The number you received is not your HSMP ref. number, it's the payment ref. number. You will receive the HSMP ref. number only after your payment has been successfully processed. I recommend getting an international bank draft ("money order"). Do not quote the number that you received.

I had to send my application three times before I got my HSMP ref. number - first time was in early Apr when they raised the fee so my payment of GBP 315 was insufficient. The second time I sent the application I tried to pay by debit card. The debit card transaction was declined by my bank ("fraud protection"). The third time I sent the application my international bank draft was accepted and my HSMP ref. number was issued.

Oxican
Newly Registered

Post by Oxican » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:47 pm

One way to give yourself peace of mind is to include a second credit card number if you have it. I had in my cover letter a note that said, "if in any event the card I have provided fails, in the interests of time please use this back-up card...".

I did this because the card I wanted to use was set to expire within three weeks of making my application, and I was worried that if it took longer than that to take payment, the card would fail.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Oxican wrote:One way to give yourself peace of mind is to include a second credit card number if you have it. I had in my cover letter a note that said, "if in any event the card I have provided fails, in the interests of time please use this back-up card...".

I did this because the card I wanted to use was set to expire within three weeks of making my application, and I was worried that if it took longer than that to take payment, the card would fail.
I include in my application if for some reason the fee has changed, I give permission to charge the appropriate fees connected to the application.

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Some of the Debit cards issued in India are not suitable for international payments. I come accross some of these cases.

One of the guy I know used his ICICI debit card and payment didn't go through and application was sent back.

Make sure your card is suitable for international payments. Check with card issuer.