ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after submission of docs at NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rn9
Newly Registered

Travel after submission of docs at NCS

Post by rn9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi,

Grateful for your guidance please -

Is there any travel restrictions after filing my naturalisation papers at the NCS? I am planning to travel the next day of submission of documents or is it best to wait for a few days before i travel out of UK on business. Trying to understand whether the date of receipt of documents at NCS is counted as accepted at Home office or will it need to reach HO to marked as date of acceptance of the form.

Many thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Travel after submission of docs at NCS

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Its the day the ho receives the application that counts. Having said that, there are no restrictions and you can head to the airport as you come out from the NCS appointment.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 pm

no problem to travel after submission.. :D :D

rn9
Newly Registered

Post by rn9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you Jambo / IndiMarshall ... help please

I spoke to NCS and they noted that I need to be in country when HO receives the app. With a special delivery service it is likely that it will reach the next day. However, I am filing on a Fri (in Aug) with the following Monday a bank holiday. This means the earliest it will reach is Tue at HO and I can leave only on Wednesday. Tricky as I have to attend a Business meeting on Tuesday?

Any guidance or previous experience will be greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 am

Are you sure you understood NCS correctly?

You need to make sure you have been in the country 5 years before the the HO receives the application (the start of the qualifying period) so that would be August 2009. There is no requirement to be in the UK when they receive the application (August 2014). There used to be such a requirement but it was removed in July 2012.

I suggest you speak to NCS again.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

rn9
Newly Registered

Post by rn9 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Jumbo,

Thanks for the response. I was equally surprised as I did specifically ask about travel post submission of docs at NCS. I noted that I was aware of the requirement re start of qualifying period rule prior to HO receiving the application. Still I was told that I had to be in country till receipt at HO and their recommendation was 6 days given that a Sat / Sun and Bank holiday was coming in the middle. Logic being otherwise my residence requirement will be broken. Very unclear as this is a grey area and not clear in any documentation.

Apologies for taking time on this issue and hence seeking guidance / previous experience by any of your members.

Cheers,