ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of my 5 years of Residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CesarBB29

Proof of my 5 years of Residency

Post by CesarBB29 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 am

Hi All.

I am about to send my EEA4 application and i wanted o know if my P60s could work as a proof of residency. The places where i used to live was normally all inclusive in the rent so i do not have utility bills for all the 5 years.

Many thanks in advance.

LunarGirl

Re: Proof of my 5 years of Residency

Post by LunarGirl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:34 am

Although your P60s will state your UK address I fear that they will not be enough on their own. If I imagine myself as the caseworker on your application I would want to see some other evidence too:
- Bank statements
- Council bills
- Tenancy agreements
Proving that you worked (through the P60s) is brilliant but I think it needs to be backed up with some evidence of items you received in the post to your UK address. My husband is the non EU and he's just got his 5 year RC, I'm conscious forever more going forward about proving residency in various ways in case he wants to go for his EEA4.

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:43 am

If you cannot gather any of those pieces of evidence consider asking your employer to write a letter confirming your length of employment and that you haven't taken any breaks of longer than 6 months in any one year. Good luck!

CesarBB29

Post by CesarBB29 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 am

Thank you! That is helpful.

I have managed to gather payslips too for 2009-2010. we used to live in a informal rented flat. so everything was inclusive and we both do not have any utility bills for that year. 2011-2014 i have council tax bills and tenancy agreement with both our names on it.

Also as i was getting paid weekly i have included only one payslip for each month for that period- they will be able to see the continue amount of tax on the payslips, otherwise it would be a huge pile of payslips. i included a letter explaining why i have just included a payslip per each month and not all of them- do you think it can work?

I guess the P60s and the payslips may suffice?

Many thanks.
Cesar

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Sent the huge pile of payslips.

Don't leave any thing to "assumption"

GW

CesarBB29

Post by CesarBB29 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Many Thanks.

I have asked my bank for all my bank statements from June 2008 up to today so I will send that and my p60s, tenancy agreements for the years I have an a letter explaining why I do not have it on the first 2 years.. For those 2 first two years the letter, p60s and bank statement should suffice. what you think?

Thanks all once again!