ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studied in UK and Work in Top Tier Bank in Mideast

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mideast Banker

Studied in UK and Work in Top Tier Bank in Mideast

Post by Mideast Banker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so pls pardon me being pushy in questions :)

I am applying currently to the HSMP scheme. I work now in a major American bank in the Mideast as Trader. I have an MBA from a Major redbrick Uni in UK and came back to Mideast in end of 2005 and working since then. My total experience is 4 years. Now I am thinking to go back to UK as an HSMP this time. I have three major questions:

1- With 2 yrs experience in top tier Investment Bank in Mideast another 2 yrs as a financial analyst + UK MBA, What are my chances in getting a job in UK in Investment Banking? :?: :?:

2- If my chances are good in being placed in a suitable job, do i need to resign and come to UK ??? or search from here ?? :?:

3- I have the option to apply to Canada Immigration where you have your indefinite leave since day one and you can be naturalised whithin 3 yrs instead of UK 6 yrs. What do you is the best option. :?:

Hope to hear your replies frds, your answers are highly appreciated.

Very Best :wink: ,

Mideast Banker

Mideast Banker

Your Feedback Plssss......

Post by Mideast Banker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi Folks,

I am still waiting for your replies...... your feedback is much awaited....

:oops:

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Your questions would be better answered by ibtalk.com

http://www.ibtalk.com/forum/

Best of luck!

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:04 pm

And as for the UK versus Canada option - if you've not started the application process for Canada, you should be aware that there is a substantial delay before that process is completed (at which point you could emigrate). HSMP tends to move much more quickly, even though the ILR option does not kick in for five years. You may, however, want to evaluate your professional options in both countries before moving; somehow one doesn't think of Canada as a banking centre to the same extent that one would do with London. AG

Mideast Banker

Thanks for your replies, Any more are welocme

Post by Mideast Banker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Thanks Ball, I registered in the Forum as per your advise, it seems very interesting :) .

Thanks Gordon, True London is the perferred destination for Investment Banker... I will try to know the career prospects in Canada to have a lore
informed decision :wink: .

Any More replies on the topic are mor than welcome... :D

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:32 am

There are a plenty of jobs in IB in UK. Given your experience - you should not have any problem in getting one. A number of Banks (I am joining one of these) have EMEA - East Europe, Middle East and Africa as their focus areas for growth - you can leverage your experience, thus.

But ultimately it ur call. The answer regarding Canada/UK has been adressed already.

regards,