ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPONSERED FINANCE QUESTION - PLS ADVISE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SPONSERED FINANCE QUESTION - PLS ADVISE

Post by kirmenon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Hello,

I am currently sponsered by an A listed sponser. I am getting married this December and I read on the guidance that the dependent needs to maintain 630 £ and I need to show 945 £ for the 90 days . My employer or sponser has given me a letter saying that it will pay for the maintenance and accomodation of my dependant if need be , and also stating on the same letter my salalry ( > £ 30 k) , my designation and also that my start date which was about 4 years ago along with my COS number as well.

Does this letter mean that I do not need to maintain 945 £ for myself for 90 days ? . The gov uk site says the following which has confused me

You won’t need evidence of your savings if you have a letter from your fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor saying they’ll provide 1 month’s funding of at least £630 for each of your dependants.

Does this mean I dont need to maintain the 945 £ as well ? I do not want to ideally have a rejection like the rest of us also desire not to have one. Please help and advise from your expertise .

manci
Respected Guru

Re: SPONSERED FINANCE QUESTION - PLS ADVISE

Post by manci » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:33 am

you will automatically be awarded 10 points for maintenance if and when you apply for an extension of your T2 leave.

Your spouse will not need to show maintenance if your sponsor certifies maintenance for him/her. See para 55 in the guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf