ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£22400 spouse and child, calculation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philemon_bodiba

£22400 spouse and child, calculation?

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 am

Hi there..

I'm in full-time employment in the UK on a gross of around £18330 per annum. However, I earn an estimated £1820 gross (including night shift premium) every four weeks (which means 13 payments per annum) and would like to apply for a spouse visa for my wife and another visa for a minor to come and join me in the UK in the near future.
I am fully aware that I will have to submit payslips covering a period of six months before the application is made, among other documents. Now I would like to know how the ECO would calculate that I meet the financial requirement of £22400 suppose my lowest gross pay for the last six months is £1780? And also, would the £18330 per anunum showing on my employment contract be an issue even if my four-weekly wage would qualify me?

Looking forward to being informed by anyone who can help.
Pa

WR1

Re: £22400 spouse and child, calculation?

Post by WR1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:40 am

I think you'll struggle. If you are required to show £22,400per annum in order to sponsor your spouse and one minor, then you need to show at least £1,866.67 gross before any deductions per month. This means providing the last six consecutive months payslips and each of them requires to be at least £1866.67 gross or above. If one of them falls below this figure, it can be grounds for refusal in meeting the financial requirement.

You are allowed to use overtime payment in meeting the requirement so an annual salary of £18,330 won't merit a refusal on its own as long as the overtime payment on top takes it over the threshold.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

philemon_bodiba

Re: £22400 spouse and child, calculation?

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Now, would it be appropriate to currently make one application, for my wife, and probably six or seven after I've work more hours to reach 1866.67 I make another application for a minor?

Thanks...
Pa