ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it mandatory to arrange for pick up of documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs007

Is it mandatory to arrange for pick up of documents

Post by vs007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Guyz,

I am from India and am planning to apply for HSMP, thus was reading this form. In one of the threads its mentioned to have your arrangements for the pick up of your original document. I wanted to know if this is a mandatory process.

If someone could please explain me the process of getting back the original document submitted for HSMP. I would be applying from India thus would be expecting the documents back in India. All the HSMP Gurus please help :roll:

Many Thanks

Rgds

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:03 am

Hi vs007,

It is NOT mandatory to collect the documents provided if you dont need it early.

Reason

1) After the decision is arrived the HO will wait for 14 days for collecting your documents.If you dont turn up they will send it through AIRMAIL
2) Normally Air mail is slow & not reliable & no tracking facility.

Hence people tend to collect the documents using courier service which might roughtly cost 4000- 5000 INR.

Cheers
ikon

vs007

Post by vs007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 am

Hi Ikon,

Thanks for tne reply .. since all the documents are in original so taking complete precautions is always good.

If you could please suggest how can I avail the pickup facility from India, I can use DHL services. If you have done it please suggest me the procedure you followed

Thanks

Rgds

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Vs007,

Please email the below content to info@mbesheffield.co.uk

Dear Sir /Madam,

I had applied for the HSMP and a decision has now been reached on my application. I would like to know whether, you can arrange for the collection of my documents from the HSMP team and courier it to me.

I request you to provide me detailed information on the process.

I look forward to a quick response.

If you need any further clarification, do write to me.

Regards,

Once you send this email, you get a response back with their comfortable pickup date/time . Then at the same time you should inform the HO about this time & date of pick up.

Later once the courier guys had picked your docs they wil ask ur CC details and if you send them the details they wil post your docs with a tracking number.

Its a reliable process & it worked well for me.

Cheers
ikon

vs007

Post by vs007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:56 am

thanks ikon ... mail sent for the process.

Rgds