ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirement for adult child of naturalised British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hforreal
Newly Registered

Residence Requirement for adult child of naturalised British

Post by hforreal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi,

Some questions regarding the timing for my adult child to apply for naturalisation. I recently become British based on 5 years plus one year PR residence. I wonder when my daughter could apply for British citizenship?

My daughter is over 18 so cannot be registered. She was born outside of UK but has been living in the UK for 4 years under EEA family permit. As I just naturalised to British, can my daughter apply for naturalisation now? Or she needs to wait for 5 years plus 1-year PR.

Please kindly advise. Thanks!

vinny

Re: Residence Requirement for adult child of naturalised Bri

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Same as any other unmarried adult applying for naturalisation. 5 years, including 1 year PR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hforreal
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Requirement for adult child of naturalised Bri

Post by hforreal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Thank you.

One additional question. Can the TOEFL certificate be used for naturalisation application? The TOEFL exam was taken years back.