ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor's licence has been revoked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arvind.harish23
Newly Registered

sponsor's licence has been revoked

Post by arvind.harish23 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope one of you can help with my situation.The below email was in response to UKBA email that we received.All the events that leading to the licence being revoked are stated below.

Today (23/07/14) we received an email with a letter attached informing us that we have been removed from the register of licensed sponsors due to the fact that we were not at the address when a visit was made. My PA telephoned your office today and spoke to a lady called Debbie who informed her that she could see the new address on the system but it was ‘our word against yours’ and that I would have to prove by sending a letter. Please find enclosed information to that end.

As background:- We actually moved offices on 26 March 2013 to the address above. Shortly after moving to the new office, we changed our address on the Home Office management system. As our licence has been revoked, we could not get into the system today to check this, but several people have confirmed that you already have the correct address. However I have attached a copy of our rent agreement for the new office address as proof that we work in this building as people have indicated you need this.

Also in your email dated 23 July 2013 with an attached letter, it is stated that a representative visited our ‘old’ offices on 6 March (presumably 2014) and the letter says that ‘we found that Company had no presence in the building’. This would be correct but the new address was already registered in your system so we are unclear why someone would attempt to go to an address we have moved from? As a double check we contacted the receptionist there today (she was on duty the day the visit), and she has no recollection of anyone visiting the offices. Someone from the Home Office would be easily remembered (unless they did not identify themselves) as this building is a serviced office with many companies within it and everyone needs to report to reception. Also any mail that was sent to old address, would also have been forwarded on and again although the attachment in the email states a letter was sent on 18 June 2014, it was not received at either our old or new address.

Finally the attachment states that on 25 May 2014 (a Sunday) that an email was sent, we use exchange servers here at the company for email and a search of this system shows no email being received. This is indeed a very unfortunate set of events but it seems odd to us that the suspension gets through when nothing else has?

So your email today is the only correspondence we are aware of and obviously we are extremely concerned because of the effect this could have on my business. We have a key member of staff employed under this sponsorship licence and would suffer quite badly if we were to lose him at short notice.

As things stated in the letter do not appear to be quite correct, I am you agree with me that it would be only right to withdraw this decision.

Also I would be extremely grateful if you could look into the processes at your end so we can identify where things went awry.

now we are trying to get in contact with UKBA hoping to resolve the issue, but we have not received any reply as of today, we do have a sister company and thought that we would make a fresh sponsor application from this company since i have 60 days to find another employer. When i started looking into the documentation could not find a category my company would fit into, earlier it was "group 5", and now cannot seem to find a category for a "Private Limited Company" under Appendix -A. Please could someone provide some guidance.

Really apreciate the help, and the time you spent in reading this post.

Thank-you very much.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: sponsor's licence has been revoked

Post by manci » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:52 pm

there are contradictions in the dates quoted:

We actually moved offices on 26 March 2013..... Shortly after moving to the new office, we changed our address on the Home Office management system

and

a representative visited our ‘old’ offices on 6 March ... and ‘we found that Company had no presence in the building’. This would be correct...

As to queries about the documents to be submitted with the sister company's sponsor licence application ask your employer to call the UKVI employer helpline (0300 123 4699) or email BusinessHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:38 pm

manci wrote:there are contradictions in the dates quoted:

We actually moved offices on 26 March 2013..... Shortly after moving to the new office, we changed our address on the Home Office management system

and

a representative visited our ‘old’ offices on 6 March ... and ‘we found that Company had no presence in the building’. This would be correct...

As to queries about the documents to be submitted with the sister company's sponsor licence application ask your employer to call the UKVI employer helpline (0300 123 4699) or email BusinessHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I would second this sentiment.

The people who work in the Tier 2 team up in Sheffield are actually pretty helpful, and often go out of their way to get an answer. A glaringly obvious problem like this could be sorted out with one phone call.

It all sounds more than a little odd. Revoking a licence normally only happens after prolonged correspondence and attempts to warn the sponsor of its duties. Although considering how easy it has become to get a licence, maybe it's getting easier to lose it too.

arvind.harish23
Newly Registered

Post by arvind.harish23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am

Hey Guys/Girls,

Thank you very much for your time and posts, we have manged to sort out the issue by a few emails. Although all of this seemed to be a result of we not receiving emails that UKBA said that they have sent.

All is sorted now.

Thank you very much for your time.