ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR – SET (M) Cohabitation document list - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goto_venkat
India

ILR – SET (M) Cohabitation document list - Urgent

Post by goto_venkat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi,
My wife is applying for ILR visa under SET (M) rules as she arrived to UK on Spouse of a settled person in 2012. We have booked a premium service appointment for her and we are now really struggling with the Cohabitation document list as it is bit confusing to attach 6 document list covering 2 years. Is it really required to submit 6 different documents covering 2 years on each person? Actually my wife does not have enough letters to cover 2 years on her name.

Is there any way we can overcome this? Following are the list of documents we have and thinking to attach with application. Will they be enough?

Joint
Council Tax
Tenancy Agreement
Pru health insurance (provided by my employer)

My wife
GP Letter/communication (22 months)
Bank statements (24 months)
Electricity Bill (having online statements covering 18 months)
Voter letter
NI Number

My Name
GP Letter
Bank statement
Electricity Bills (6 months)
Payslips (2 years)
Voter letter
DVLA
SKY TV account (Online statements available)

Main problem for us is, my wife is housewife so she does not have pay slips to produce as one of the source. So we are relying on any other documents we can attach to prove that we are staying together.
Pruhealth insurance is provided by my employer and it has both of our names. But not sure whether we can attach this or not as it is not listed in preferred list in the application form.
Moreover is it necessary to be the documents in original format as we have opted for e-statements for electricity. Can we print them and attach?

Please somebody answer to our query as we have appointment in 10days. Can we get a letter from any solicitor or my employer to confirm that we are living together in the same address or any referral letters from friends or so?

Please reply to my query.

Many thanks in advance.

WR1

Re: ILR – SET (M) Cohabitation document list - Urgent

Post by WR1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:14 pm

What is required is 6 documents in joint names spread over the two years from 3 different sources. If you don't have 6 documents in joint names, then one in each name will do. You seem to have more than what is required so you are relax a bit.

So one joint document (or one in each name) for every 4 months spanning over the two year period.

Personally, I wouldn't go overboard and submit all them documents you listed as they are too many, but then again, I wouldn't stick to the minimum of six required, find a balance.

Attach one document for every 2-3 months in joint names (or one in each name), that should do.

All them documents you listed are suitable (any letter that is in electronic format, probably best to get them to either send a hard copy or get them stamped). Not many people realise but you can also use junk mail as long as it has your name, address and is dated.

No need for a letter from a solicitor.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 am

Thank you very much. You have cleared my doubts.

rguru_e10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rguru_e10 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

Hi
For Dependant cohabitation document should be it be 6 different documents? or can it be 2 or 3 document but for 2 years? This is for SET (O)
I have only
1) Letting agreement
2) Electricity bill
3) Council Tax for 2 years

Have few other documents but they are spanning across 2 years covers only 1 year
1) NHS letter
2) Bank statement

Any help in this is appreaciated

Thanks
Guru

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Not 6 different documents, but minimum of 6 documents over the 2 years from 3 different sources. So bank statements over 2 years is one source. Electric bill is another source. NHS letter is one source, there are your 3 sources, spread evenly over the two year period. Documents can be 3-4 months apart.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rguru_e10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rguru_e10 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi WR1
Thank you very much for the clarification.

oliky
Newly Registered

Post by oliky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 am

Hi all,

My situation is a bit tricky hence I need help.i have to reapply for my ilr soon in early September as I was refused in june due to English language b1 req. after 6months.i have enough cohabitation documents for 2yrs plus but only issue is I work in Manchester...used to work in london and all our documents are from our place in london...am usually home from Thursday through to monday morning...my partner was reluctant to relocate when I initially got the job in December cos it was a new field for me and she wanted me to settle in b4 considering relocation as it might b difficult for her little girl changing cities...the home office is aware of my job situation and did grant me 24months to sort my English req.

I just spoke with a solicitor and he advised to relocate my family to manchester b4 reapplying as the travelling and expenses is much...can I do this and still apply in September or wait to gather documents as I mite not have enough documents for
any manchester address assuming my partner agrees..or do I just leave the move and use my documents in london which I used previously because other solicitors
advised that changing cities just within 3 months might raise concerns...dey had no qualms b4 bcos I gave them letters from my employer and as long as d job is a skilled job and u earn well and are in a subsisting relationship dey are ok. They agreed we are in a subsisting relationship in their refusal letter.

I just need advice on what to do cos different solicitors are giving different suggestions...its obviously easier to use london as I already have documents there but although london is expensive with my travelling I still see myself changing jobs back to London in d near future...am in Manchester for d job but living in Manchester is another thing...I look forward to being in london. .but for immigration purposes it sounds logical