ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Parents to Live with Me

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jigars143
Pakistan

Getting Parents to Live with Me

Post by jigars143 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi

I am soon applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain on the basis of 10 years Long Residence. After that I would like to call my parents over who are residing in Pakistan at the moment. My father is 67 and mother is 59. My father works as a self employed at the moment but with no much of income. I do support my family and send money on monthly basis but this money goes on my sister's name.

Could you please advise as I would like to plan ahead.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting Parents to Live with Me

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 pm

The most difficult route and almost no success stories. As far as the forum knows, there has only been 1 successful application since the rules changed in July 2012.

This is what you need to meet (plus the £1982 fee per person)

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... FM-6.0.pdf

Also, if you apply and the visa is refused, the chances of obtaining a visit visa are virtually nil as their intention to settle in the UK will be known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:07 pm

if you sister is there sounds like she can support her. Or you can pay for local support.

As CR says, a total non-starter and not without risk, least of the £4000 that you'll give to UK plc....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 am

Unless your parents are homeless, penny less and destitute there is zero chance of sucess.
The fact that there are family members in the home country will doubly ensure failure.

If you do proceed with application and it fails you will also ensure that your parents will not have access to a visitor visa as you / they have declared in essence that they want to settle in the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:44 am

You parents would also need to prove that they require help with daily tasks such a washing and dressing. Also they would need to show that this care wasn't available or affordable in their own country. Virtually impossible to show as you would be able to sponsor then financially to join you in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Thank You all for your replies. Much appreciated. So, it means I can never be able to bring them to the UK. Only way is visit visa :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 pm

As the Immigration Rules stand at the present, yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.