ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - I need my documents back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yachtingcrew
Newly Registered

Passport application - I need my documents back

Post by yachtingcrew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 am

Hi everyone,

I have sent my first adult passport application on July,1st
Since then I haven't heard much back from Passport Office, but I called them up and checked that the passport is in Peterborough office, still pending further processing.

However, I need to travel to visit my relatives due to their poor health. I sent all my passports with the application so won't be able to travel until I receive back any of my passports (not necessarily the new BC one)
I've booked a trip for Aug, 16 however I am concerned that I might not receive documents on time for that trip

I called them up & it seems that they can stop processing documents & send all the supporting documents back.

Does anyone know how long does it take to cancel processing & send back documents and how much time do I have before Aug, 16 to try & progress with the normal scenario before requesting this exceptional one....

Many thanks for your help!!

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Passport application - I need my documents back

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 am

Generally you should get back your documents in 10 days but at the moment Passport office is under Choas ...

Did you ask them to stop processing the Passport and return back your documents ?? Is that what you mean

yachtingcrew
Newly Registered

Post by yachtingcrew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 am

I didn't ask to stop processing the Passport and return back your documents yet
Hence my question - I wonder shall I wait until they process the documents in a normal way and send me back the supporting documents or shall I request to stop processing.

Today is 30/07 so I have 2.5 weeks until date of travel. Obviously, if you are saying that stopping of the progress/sending back documents takes 10 days it is not good, it means I need to request it right now.
Otherwise (if that would be for example 2 days) I could wait another 10 days or so

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 am

Contact your local MP and ask them to chase.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.