ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Official study Guide version

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sny_walia
Newly Registered

Life in UK Official study Guide version

Post by sny_walia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi,

I have got a copy of life in uk official book, published in 2013. However, I have noted that the latest version is published in 2014.

I am confused on the difference between two and if I should buy the latest version.

Please advice.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Life in UK Official study Guide version

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 pm

If it is Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents,3rd Edition, no problem at all.

imaheshbabu
Newly Registered

Post by imaheshbabu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Even I had that doubt till last week. I checked 2014 version with 2013 in WHSmith. The material in both the books are exactly the same.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Ignore the years, this just creates confusion. The Life in the UK at at 3rd Edition which was updated in March 2013. It has not been updated since and still stands at 3rd edition at time of writing. Ensure any materials reflects 3rd edition.

Material will only change when the Home Office introduces the 4th Edition, for which they are currently no plans to do so.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sny_walia
Newly Registered

Post by sny_walia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks for the quick and concise responses.