ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS registration document? - SOS Please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

NHS registration document? - SOS Please

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 am

Hi Guys,

I was about to complete the visa extension application , online system asked for at least two evidences for my wife
under Evidence of relationship (evidence of address of this dependant)

(she does not have credit card and driving licence so that can not be used.)

Bank Statement
NHS Registration Document. (Card)

I am confused about 2nd option , she got register with surgery 1 year ago , what kind of that document is this? will surgery issue a letter/ card mentioning her details ?

Please help ASAP

Many thanks
Khurram

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: NHS registration document? - SOS Please

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 am

NHS registration / medical card is a cardboard document essentially showing a set of alphanumeric digits and the name and address at the point of issue.
This document is no longer issued and your GP surgery will / should has issued you will a digital reference. See link.

I do not know how you submit such a reference as part of the application other than in a covering letter.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/rec ... umber.aspx

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:NHS registration / medical card is a cardboard document essentially showing a set of alphanumeric digits and the name and address at the point of issue.
This document is no longer issued and your GP surgery will / should has issued you will a digital reference. See link.

I do not know how you submit such a reference as part of the application other than in a covering letter.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/rec ... umber.aspx

Hi Frontier , Thanks for response.

my wife has NHS Medical Card , but that is 2.2 years old with my old residency and other side HO website says:
The NHS registration card must be dated no more than one month before the date this application is submitted and must clearly show:
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:06 pm

This is why everyone should have joint tenancy agreements and bank accounts with their wife.

Then you can get bank statements or council tax statements that show relationship status.

Get your local MP to give you a certification letter if you both are registered to vote at this address.

Alternatively get your GP to certify your address on NHS letterhead with your wife's NHS number on it

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

FaeLLe wrote:This is why everyone should have joint tenancy agreements and bank accounts with their wife.

Then you can get bank statements or council tax statements that show relationship status.

Get your local MP to give you a certification letter if you both are registered to vote at this address.

Alternatively get your GP to certify your address on NHS letterhead with your wife's NHS number on it
FaeLee, thanks for response.

my wife visited the practice today and they ordered for fresh copy of NHS card, very strangely when I spoke to same lady she said we don't re-issue/ modify the card.

Other side, HO lady said Tick for No for NHS and provide Council Bill , whistle top of the section clearly says required at least two evidences

now what would you answer about following question (online application), shall I say yes or no for it

Does this dependant intend to stay in the UK beyond your current period of leave?
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 pm

I would say No.

Be careful of how long your fresh NHS card issuance might take, it might take a very long time.

Get a written confirmation from HO that they are giving you more time to provide your supporting documents or they might cancel your current application.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46 pm

FaeLLe wrote:I would say No.

Be careful of how long your fresh NHS card issuance might take, it might take a very long time.

Get a written confirmation from HO that they are giving you more time to provide your supporting documents or they might cancel your current application.
It would take 1 week to issue new NHS Card , so fingers crossed .

Regarding Question , forums says Select No , HO says Yes :)
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Khurram545 wrote: Regarding Question , forums says Select No , HO says Yes :)
Select Yes and it will ring a lot of red bells ;)

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:29 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Khurram545 wrote: Regarding Question , forums says Select No , HO says Yes :)
Select Yes and it will ring a lot of red bells ;)
that's kept me on hold
Khurram