ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 (General) SOC list & Other queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rony_chy
Newly Registered

Tier2 (General) SOC list & Other queries

Post by rony_chy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:43 am

Dear Members,
Currently i have PSW and will switch to tier2 (General) in a few days time. Everything has been done and only now i will apply. Before i apply i have few confusions. If any member replies then it would be a great help.

Q1. is it required to provide the previous Home office reference number in the visa application form? i prefer not to give.

Q2: my SOC is 2135 with the job title IT business analyst. But in Shortage Occupation List it is written
''ONLY the following jobs in this occupation code: systems engineer in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the
film, television or video games sectors is included on the UK Shortage Occupation List ''
Which means my job title and responsibilities is not the same as written there (2d/3D animation...). But in my COS my employer put 'YES' on the question
''Is the job on the current shortage occupation list?:''
Please advise what to do in this situation.

Q3: My wife and son (under 18) both will be applying as my dependents at the same time. Can i write my name and do sign on behalf of my son in the visa application form? I know i can sign as my son is under 18, main confusion is do i write my name or son's name?

Thanks in advance