ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!Out of country-more than 90 days for the last 12month

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wakeuphappy

HELP!Out of country-more than 90 days for the last 12month

Post by Wakeuphappy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 am

Hello,
I’m applying for BC end of August. I have been out of the country for 87 days in the last 12 months, out which 70 days were for business. I have just been asked to travel abroad again in August for another 3 weeks which will make my total out of country days 108days.
1. Will this be considered not meeting the requirement?
2. Do I need to provide extra evidence to prove my link in the UK?
3. Do I need to provide letter from employer to say the travel was for business? (like the letter I provided when applied ILR last year?)

Thank you,

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: HELP!Out of country-more than 90 days for the last 12mon

Post by milan69 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

You need to apply for discretion if absent for over 100 days in the past year.
When applying for discretion you need to state that you have made UK your home together with your family (if you have one) and that majority of your estate is here.
If you are employed by UK company and that the reason for your absences were due to business trips that you should state that.
I am sometimes wrong.

bartolomeo
Newly Registered

Post by bartolomeo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 pm

don't you dare travel! Whatever job you hold, it would be extremely stupid to go over the limit, as the discretion is used scarcely, and in this negative light of immigration business going on in the UK, you should minimise the risk of refusal to the max! My advice, find a reason to delay your travel until after the application. Otherwise, you waited for SOOO long and now risk having to wait another year?! Why? Although, you could wait until your earlier travels (like between August 2013 and August 2014) have also passed and apply when your total is below 90 days.

Don't throw your money away relying on discretion.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am

Code: Select all

Once you submit your documents to NCS they make photocopies and return you the originals allowing you to travel without limits from then on.
On other note, I was absent for 120 days in the final year, applied for discretion and got my approval within 8 weeks. But if you have an option not to apply for one it is definitely better option.
I am sometimes wrong.

Wakeuphappy

Post by Wakeuphappy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:28 am

oh! thank you so much guys , i didn't realise. ok , if my days are below 90, do i still need letter to say if i traveled for business or not?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:52 pm

No.
I am sometimes wrong.