ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

isol entry level 3 test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salmatoumi
Newly Registered

isol entry level 3 test

Post by salmatoumi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm

can anyone please advise, i need to pass the ESOL entry level 3 for the ILR. am i required to attend a course or just need to book the exam, as the courses i found run for a year. or if i need to is there any places near Worksop or Sheffield that do it in shorter time.thanks

Subtle

Re: isol entry level 3 test

Post by Subtle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Many colleges run English courses for 6 months to 1 year for you to pass the required English language test. However, the onus is entirely upon you to know and assess your English language capabilities and then decided whether you want to learn English before taking a test or you have good enough knowledge to pass the test without any learning course.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:37 am

You will have to search around. There are many places that allow you to sit the exam without doing the course. This would depend how good your English is. If you feel you can speak and communicate well, then go for the exam. If you struggle, then doing the course would be beneficial.

However, that being said, there is no requirement to do the course. You can just sit the exam alone.

In addition to the English B1, you will also need to pass the LIUK test for ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

salmatoumi
Newly Registered

Post by salmatoumi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:28 pm

WR1 wrote:You will have to search around. There are many places that allow you to sit the exam without doing the course. This would depend how good your English is. If you feel you can speak and communicate well, then go for the exam. If you struggle, then doing the course would be beneficial.

However, that being said, there is no requirement to do the course. You can just sit the exam alone.

In addition to the English B1, you will also need to pass the LIUK test for ILR.
thank you for your reply could you just tell me what kind of test is ESOL entry level 3 because i have seen it on internet is it just speaking and listening for just 10 mint is that correct?.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

Have a look at the above list of acceptable qualifications by the Home Office.

Avoid doing ESOL Entry Level 3 awarded by Trinity as this has now been removed from the Home Office list (this does not affect the one offered by Cambridge). The Trinity GESE Grade 5 test is fine to do (this is the 10 min test you refer to).

Also, avoid doing the following due to fraudulent activity as they are under investigation by the Home Office:

* All test offered by EMD
* ETS tests including TOIEC and TOEFL
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

salmatoumi
Newly Registered

Post by salmatoumi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:36 pm

WR1 wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

Have a look at the above list of acceptable qualifications by the Home Office.

Avoid doing ESOL Entry Level 3 awarded by Trinity as this has now been removed from the Home Office list (this does not affect the one offered by Cambridge). The Trinity GESE Grade 5 test is fine to do (this is the 10 min test you refer to).

Also, avoid doing the following due to fraudulent activity as they are under investigation by the Home Office:

* All test offered by EMD
* ETS tests including TOIEC and TOEFL
thank you. i have found a test centre in Sheffield called best training which gives City & Guilds Entry Level Certificate in International ESOL Diploma B1 (Entry Level 3)* they say it is approved by ukba, can any one confirm this please so i can book it ASAP.

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Yeah.....need to be very careful with the awarding body....I did My ESOL, B1 Entry Level 3 Language Test with EMDQ but Home Office didn't accept it...So I had to do Pearson(Edexel) B1 Entry Level 3 ....
I would say avoid City & Gilds as well
Thank God it was much easier test and result came in within 5 working days....They have centre in Hayes(west London) and in Ilford ..... I am not sure if they have any centre in Sheffield....Check their website.
http://www.polyskill.co.uk
Only cost me £125.00
Best of luck.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi @@ virgono1

Can you tell me whats wrong with city & guilds certification ?
I never heard anything about this ?