ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

medical certificate valid when uk visa granted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uzee

medical certificate valid when uk visa granted

Post by uzee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 am

Hi

Regarding the medical certificate for spouse visa, i understand that it is valid for 6 months.

When a visa application has been submitted, is it true that - the medical certificate has to be valid not only when application is submitted but also when the applicant comes to the UK?

If so, does this mean that if current certificate has 2 months left to expire, then for safety should apply for another medical certificate which last the whole visa process?

I don't think these fine/specific detail/s are mentioned in any official ukba visa application documentation but could be wrong?

Usman

WR1

Re: medical certificate valid when uk visa granted

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 am

As long as the TB certificate is valid at the time of submitting the application, you should be fine.

An application can easily take several months or even more to decide, so even a fresh six month certificate would have expired by the time a decision is made.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

uzee

Post by uzee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am

HI thanks for your response.

Does the medical certifficate contain the TB too? Or is that an individual certifficate?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 am

The TB certificate is the medical certificate you refer too.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided