ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Short term to Long term Tier 2 ICT in Uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahulmishra
Newly Registered

Switching from Short term to Long term Tier 2 ICT in Uk

Post by rahulmishra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi,

I my company applied for UK Short term staff migrant Tier 2 ICT multiple entry for me,valid from 28 Sept 13 to 31st Jan 14.After this they extended my short term till 28 Sept 2014 and I got Resident permit card multiple entry.

They are again applying for long term tier 2 ICT for me in mid of Aug,2014.

My queries are:

Do I need to go back to India to apply for long term tier 2 ICT visa ,providing the sponsor is same just the salary is changed as per long term rules.

Do I need to leave this role in UK,go back to India and again come back or I can continue with the current UK salary.

What would happen to the remaining days for my short term Visa as I will be coming to UK before its expiry with a new long term Visa.

In UKBA website it is mentioned that I can switch from short to long term provided :

You must already be in the UK under one of the following visas or schemes:

Intra-company Transfer - Established Staff(Am I in the same category right now?)
Intra-company Transfer granted before 6 April 2010
Intra-company Transfer Work Permit (except multiple entry work permits )

Is the above applicable for me.

Please help.

t2ict

Re: Switching from Short term to Long term Tier 2 ICT in Uk

Post by t2ict » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 am

For changing to T2 ICT Long term visa from Short-term visa, you have to leave the country and apply from your home country, as per the home office rules.

rahulmishra
Newly Registered

Post by rahulmishra » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks for your reply.

In that case what will happen to my existing short term visa and when it will get cancelled.

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:10 am

Your new visa (T2 ICT Long term) will over-ride any previous T2 visas, you hold at the time of grant.

amanneor
Newly Registered

Post by amanneor » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:39 am

t2ict wrote:Your new visa (T2 ICT Long term) will over-ride any previous T2 visas, you hold at the time of grant.

Hi guys,
I and my wife have a plan to visit Denmark, Norway, Sweden next year. We both have M.Sc. and related work experience so we r thinking about Denmark green card.

Please reply at amanneor@gmail.com

ANUSHA_84
Newly Registered

Post by ANUSHA_84 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi Rahul,

I am in similar situation and want to extend my visa from ICT short term to Long term which is going to expire on Sept 2015.

How you manage to move to long term visa?

Do you need to visit home country change it to long term or is there is any option to change it from UK?

Regards,
Siva

Harisaran
Newly Registered

Post by Harisaran » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 am

Hi All,

Initially my company offered me ICT Tier 2 Short term visa which is valid for 1 year (Visa valid till May 2015). Now I would like to extend my ICT Tier 2 Short term visa to ICT Tier 2 Long term visa.

My employer is okay to travel to home country and process ICT Long term term within couple of weeks, but my company immigration team says that I needs to serve 3 months cooling off period in home country to initiate ICT Long term, Is it mandatory to have 3 months cooling off period. Is there anyway that I can process my document when I am in UK and go to home country just for stamping and come back. Appreciate your support on this.

Visa valid : May 15

Thanks in advance.
Harisaran

ricky_12september
Newly Registered

Post by ricky_12september » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi people,

I am in similar situation as you.

I was wondering if any of you got a solution on changing from short term to long term.

If anyone has, can you please provide the process - how to convert.

email: email address removed by moderator

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Rick

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Harisaran wrote:Hi All,

Initially my company offered me ICT Tier 2 Short term visa which is valid for 1 year (Visa valid till May 2015). Now I would like to extend my ICT Tier 2 Short term visa to ICT Tier 2 Long term visa.

My employer is okay to travel to home country and process ICT Long term term within couple of weeks, but my company immigration team says that I needs to serve 3 months cooling off period in home country to initiate ICT Long term, Is it mandatory to have 3 months cooling off period. Is there anyway that I can process my document when I am in UK and go to home country just for stamping and come back. Appreciate your support on this.

Thanks in advance.
Harisaran
Hi Harisaran,

I am in same situation, can you plz guide as to what happened in your case. Did you undergo 3 months cooling off period or do it right away without any cooling off period.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:27 pm

amanjain861 wrote:
Harisaran wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Harisaran
Hi Harisaran,

I am in same situation, can you plz guide as to what happened in your case. Did you undergo 3 months cooling off period or do it right away without any cooling off period.
This thread is 2 years old :!: Member Harisaran only posted 3 times and hasn't visited the forum since Feb 27, 2015
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.