ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted vs Unrestricted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pythonista
India

Restricted vs Unrestricted CoS

Post by pythonista » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:54 am

I am Indian resident looking forward to work and settle in the UK.

I have found a sponsor and since I want the process to start immediately, I am telling my sponsor to do it asap so that we do not miss the monthly timeline for restricted Tier 2 General CoS

But my sponsor is telling me not to worry about monthly window (5th of every month), because they will be using unrestricted CoS for me.

I am not able to understand how is it possible to use unrestricted CoS for my case as I am a "new migrant" (as per the guidance here - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf)

Can anyone tell me, is it really possible for me to use an unrestricted CoS in my case?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Restricted vs Unrestricted CoS

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 am

I don't think so. It's better to ask your prospective employer about it.

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:59 am

I have asked. He is pretty much confident about it and asked me not to worry but I am not satisfied.

I want some concrete evidence whether or not this is possible even under rare special circumstances.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

ask your prospective sponsor to call the UKVI employer helpline (0300 123 4699) for clarification

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Unless you will be earning over £153,500 a year, or you are a Croation national, I think you will need a restricted CoS.

However, it sounds more like your sponsor doesn't know what it is doing, as the others have suggested.

Good luck!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Your sponsor is talking nonsense..
How did you get the job offer from the sponsor?

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks all for infusing confidence in me that my doubt is correct. I will tell my sponsor to clarify with UKVI.

I have another somehow related question here, I would be thankful if you can help me with this too.

I have already undergone TB test last month but it mentions the address of my previous sponsor as my "address in the UK" (with whom things never materialized). Now, if I apply for visa within 6 months of test with new sponsor, would that test still be valid?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 am

The test remains valid

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:56 am

Ya, as per validity based on duration I am sure it will be valid but just worried about the address mentioned on it since I have no relation with that address anymore.

Although I am also positive that it should remain valid because going through X-ray is something which should be avoided at all costs and doing it just because there is a wrong address sounds silly and I can justify this to UKBA if they come to me asking about the address.

Hoping for the best.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44 am

UKVI are not going to worry about the address. It is a valid test and that is all that matters. It is a box tick exercise. You will not get a refusal on the basis of the address.
The rest of the application info is what they will consider when considering your case.

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Talking about valid TB tests

If I am currently in the UK, can I get the TB screening somewhere here? Is there a certified clinics in the UK? I will be applying out of country in a month, due to time constraints might not have time to test at home before the application date

Many thanks

k8dt
Newly Registered

Post by k8dt » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 am

I was caught up with this too although i failed to notice. I applied for the visa with the CoS given to me and was declined.. quite a costly mistake in time and money :(

For reference i'm an Australian citizen applying for Tier 2 UK working visa

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:52 am

You mean your employer applied under the unrestricted category?

Did they try again with restricted category?

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:46 am

If there's good advice to be taken from this thread, it is not to assume that your employer has it all covered.

Insist on getting a printout of your CoS, and make sure everything matches up exactly in your application. And even send it with your other documents.

Otherwise you risk losing money and time. Sponsors get it wrong. Alot.