ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 and work permissons

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ilya_st
Newly Registered

Tier 4 and work permissons

Post by Ilya_st » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:43 am

Hello!
I have several questions concerning work permissions in Tier 4 visa.
I am entering a 4 year PhD course at the University of Exeter. I also received a scholarship from one of the colleges of this University. Recently I have received my Tier 4 visa, and there was a restriction of 10 hours per week occupation. But as far as I know from the guidance, as a PhD student, which is at QCF 8 (QCF_NQF8 as it is written in my CAS), I should get 20 hours per week. This fact confuses me, mostly because we want to apply for the Tier 4 dependant visa for my wife, and in all of the guidances it is written that she will have a permission to work only in case if I am on the course above QCF 6 and longer than 12 months. So formally she has to obtain the permission in the same case when I have 20 h p/w restriction.
So what could you advice in my situation? Should I appeal somehow? Or should we do some notes in my wife’s application and appeal only if she does not get the work permission?

riz1986

Re: Tier 4 and work permissons

Post by riz1986 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:48 pm

it could be a mistake by caseworker to give u 10 hr p/w .You can write a cover letter to the caseworker explaining the situation and request him to amend it. You can get the detail of caseworker from the approval letter you received wid ur passport and other supporting documents.As long ur CAS was issued by University u shld be fine.

Ilya_st
Newly Registered

Post by Ilya_st » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you for your answer!
But I did not find any details about the caseworker neither in the e-mail nor in the envelope with the docs. Where else could they be? Maybe I should ask in the visa center where I applied? And how long the process of correction might take (I worry that I might not receive the passport back before I need to go to UK)? Is it possible to do it after I arrive to UK in September? Thank you again!

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

I thought u already in UK lol my apologise !
There must be contact details on da visa centre website/or u can ring dem up n dey can assist u !
I don't knw which coutry u from but I hope u wuld get ur passport back on tym for your proposed travel date.