ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document missed while sending AN application via post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurjai

Document missed while sending AN application via post

Post by gaurjai » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Guys,

Please help me with my query below. What should I do now?

I sent my application via post last week but missed to send my driving license which I used as id proof while attending life in the UK test :(

My bad, din't check page 17 completely. I thought passport is good enough as an ID proof.

Is there a possibility that they will reject my application? OR would they make an inquiry and ask me for extra document?

Will be very disappointing if application is rejected on this basis.

Any advise?

Thanks,

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Document missed while sending AN application via post

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:42 pm

while others reply give a call on 0300 123 2253 (Home office number) & explain your situation.

This is the reason ppl go to NCS.. They check everything and pass it on to UKBA..

gaurjai

Post by gaurjai » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 am

I had a word with home office contact center and he said I can still send my driving license separately with a covering letter. So that's sorted :-)

I then asked him whether you would return back my original documents mainly passport and driving license after verifying them OR you would keep them for the whole duration of application processing. So obviously he said yes, they keep them till the application processed.

But then he said I can request to send back my original documents early and they can do that but that would slow my application processing. I asked by how much roughly, he said it depends on the case worker.

I just want to ask if anyone has this experience before and what are the consequences of asking for original documents early, how much my application process will be slowed by?

Thanks

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 am

gaurjai wrote:I had a word with home office contact center and he said I can still send my driving license separately with a covering letter. So that's sorted :-)

I then asked him whether you would return back my original documents mainly passport and driving license after verifying them OR you would keep them for the whole duration of application processing. So obviously he said yes, they keep them till the application processed.

But then he said I can request to send back my original documents early and they can do that but that would slow my application processing. I asked by how much roughly, he said it depends on the case worker.

I just want to ask if anyone has this experience before and what are the consequences of asking for original documents early, how much my application process will be slowed by?

Thanks
At the moment it is taking upto 4 months to get back your Naturalization. During all this period if your passport is stuck with them .. and if you have any imp travel... it will be tough isnt it? I didnt realize they will keep original documents with them till the application is processed if sent by post.. Thank god I didnt do that..

If you request back your documents now.. how can the caseworker verify your documents when he actually sits on your case ??