ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge and life in the UK evidence requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vstar
Newly Registered

Knowledge and life in the UK evidence requirements

Post by vstar » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi,

Regarding the above, for evidence about knowledge of language, I am planning on using my academic degree certificate - studied from university in UK (shown on points based calculator: )

On page 13 and 14, this requirement is listed here: https://www.gov.uk/g...ide_AN_v1_0.pdf

While reading the guidance note, I noticed the following statements:

•Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1.A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your
degree and the level of English
2.An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us
that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)

Do we need to produce anything else in addition to the degree certificate from a recognized university in UK ?

Looking at point 1 above, about printing points based calculator, the only one I could find is : https://www.points.h...ssessment.faces

Please can you clarify this point?

K

WR1

Re: Knowledge and life in the UK evidence requirements

Post by WR1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:27 pm

If you have a degree from a UK University, then that is all you need.

The point based calculator and NARIC is for overseas degrees taught in English to show equivalence to a UK degree. Since you already have a degree from a UK University, you don't need to bother with PBS or NARIC.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided