ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Set(m) please advice for sponsor (husband's) docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Healqadri
Newly Registered

Applying Set(m) please advice for sponsor (husband's) docs

Post by Healqadri » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi,
My husband got Ilr via 10 years long residence in April. I applies before rules changed and got 2 years spouse visa in June via form flr m.
I have been his dependant since 2005 and come under old rules. I want to apply for set(m) now.
My question is that on documents it says to send sponsor's current passport. My husband has got 3 pakistani passports in total. Do I need to send all three including previous or just current one. Also do I need to send his original biometric or can I send copy. Please Advice.
Thanks

nadeem toheed

Re: Applying Set(m) please advice for sponsor (husband's) do

Post by nadeem toheed » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Healqadri wrote:Hi,
My husband got Ilr via 10 years long residence in April. I applies before rules changed and got 2 years spouse visa in June via form flr m.
I have been his dependant since 2005 and come under old rules. I want to apply for set(m) now.
My question is that on documents it says to send sponsor's current passport. My husband has got 3 pakistani passports in total. Do I need to send all three including previous or just current one. Also do I need to send his original biometric or can I send copy. Please Advice.
Thanks
Hi
what was your last leave?
- Yes, all passport
- Yes, original BRP
Nadeem

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 pm

You may send copies of the Passport and BRP for the sponsor in FLR(M). your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Healqadri
Newly Registered

Post by Healqadri » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:33 am

Thanks Amber for replying, but I've got 2 years spouse visa already in May and I m going to apply indefinite via set M. My question is that in the set m form they say
SECTION 11 - DOCUMENTS
Your partner’s immigration status
Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages

They r asking for passport or travel doc showing he is present and settle in Uk. But passport doesn't have any current visa but his indefinite is on biometric card. So can I send his only current and original passport alone with brp.Sorry for long query.
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:41 am

My statement applies to both FLR(M) and SET(M). Passport and BRP copies required, if this is for a PSC appointment then you should go together.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Healqadri
Newly Registered

Post by Healqadri » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks Amber