ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language -Home Office recent response

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan06
Newly Registered

English Language -Home Office recent response

Post by khan06 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:40 pm

I sent email to HO regarding english language requirement, read their response below

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
From: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries (KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)
Cc: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries (KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the form AN. We are currently reviewing all of our forms and this is one amendment we will be making. Caseworkers are aware that we will accept an original document issued by the university along with the degree certificate, which confirms that the medium of study was English. Therefore all of the documents listed in your e mail should be submitted with your application as evidence of the KoLL requirement.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann Woodall | Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy & Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Blue Zone, 5th Floor, The Capital | Liverpool | L39PP

To: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries
Subject: Knowledge of English Enquiry
Importance: High

Respected Sir/Madam

I have to make application for naturalisation next month. I have done MSc from overseas and to meet my knowledge of English/Life in UK requirement I am going to attach following documents

1- Life in UK test certificate

2. Statement of comparability from UK NARIC stating that my MSc degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors

3. Original Certificate+ transcript of MSc qualification

4.Original letter from university confirming that degree was taught in English

Are these documents are sufficient to meet above requirement??? and what option I have to select in the AN form (AN form snap shot 1) as it seems that there is no option matching SOC+letter from university in the form although its mentioned in the Guide (snap shot 2) that these documents can be used to demonstrate English language??

I have also attached snap shot 3 from https://www.gov.uk/english-language which also support Text in guidance and mentioned in snap shot 2.

I would appreciate your earliest response on this.

Regards

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

they have also sent me the "qualification fact sheet Version 6" which is attached
Attachments
fact sheet 1 of 3.JPG
qualification fact sheet version 6 (1 of 3)
fact sheet 1 of 3.JPG (76.47 KiB) Viewed 599 times
fact sheet 2 of 3.JPG
qualification fact sheet version 6 (2 of 3)
fact sheet 2 of 3.JPG (73.87 KiB) Viewed 599 times
fact sheet 3 of 3.JPG
qualification fact sheet version 6 (3 of 3)
fact sheet 3 of 3.JPG (60.89 KiB) Viewed 599 times