ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in December Myself and Wife, Child visa confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naras
Newly Registered

ILR in December Myself and Wife, Child visa confusion

Post by naras » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi,

I came to Uk in Jan 2010 on Tier 1 General, My wife came to UK on June 2011 on Tier 1 General dependent visa.

My son got Tier 1 dependent visa in 2013 May and came to Uk in June 2013.

When we apply for ILR can we add my son who born in India also into SET(O) form so that we all get at a time.

I have read somewhere the child will get ILR irrespective of time spent in UK, if both parents are eligible for ILR?

Amber - could you please clarify me on this?

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR in December Myself and Wife, Child visa confusion

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Yes you are entitled to include you son provided you and your wife are applying for ILR at the same time.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:40 pm

I agree, no residence requirement for minor applicants, as the PBS dep has leave since before July 2012, the qualifying period is 2 years, B1 English and LIUK required for both adults.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naras
Newly Registered

Post by naras » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:15 am

Amber wrote:I agree, no residence requirement for minor applicants, as the PBS dep has leave since before July 2012, the qualifying period is 2 years, B1 English and LIUK required for both adults.
Hi Amber,

The Child PBS dependant has the visa from May - 2013 which is after 2012 september rule. But I hope still he can go for ILR with the parents as the both parents are legally eligible for the ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.