ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Applying from Country different than Country of Origin

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajayram198
Newly Registered

VISA Applying from Country different than Country of Origin

Post by ajayram198 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Hello,

I am originally from India. I have completed my Masters in Finland, Europe and going to the UK for a PhD. I would like to complete the VISA application procedure in Finland itself. However, my Finnish residence permit to study expired in the end of July. I would like to know what is the maximum extension of residence permit I need to obtain in Finland so that I can complete the VISA procedure here.

Could anyone tell me how many months of residence permit I need to apply for Finland? An urgent and quick response would be desirable. Since my PhD starts in the beginning of October, and I do not want to end up late for it.

riz1986

Re: VISA Applying from Country different than Country of Ori

Post by riz1986 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm

This forum is related to UK immigration matters ! Can't assist you regarding ur finland permit etc u can post ur query Europe immigration forum.

ajayram198
Newly Registered

Post by ajayram198 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:20 pm

I know that this is related to UK Immigration. But what I want to know, is that when you apply for VISA from a country different than the country of origin (like in my case I am resident in Finland different from India), do you need to prove to UK that you are currently resident in a different country and show any documents. Is there any rule from UK on this? I guess not, but could somenoe clarify this?

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:57 pm

As long u hv a valid permit to reside in that country and british embassy can accept ur application u shld be okay .

If not den u hv 2 go back to India and apply from there.