ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to ILR-process for dependant visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipowen10
Newly Registered

Tier2 to ILR-process for dependant visa extension

Post by dipowen10 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi,

Background
I have recently applied for my ILR (via the 5 year PBS route) and have been granted leave. I am now looking to extend my wife's dependant visa. She is currently on the Tier 2 dependant visa and it expires in 9 September 2014 (this is when my Tier 2 visa was expiring as well). Her current visa was granted on 11 June 2014 and she entered the UK on 18 July 2014.

Queries
1. I am trying to find out which form I should fill in. Based on what i have managed to find out online, this is the form that i believe i will have to fill and submit
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

However, i was wondering if there is an equivalent online version which i could fill in electronically and submit. Any help on this will be appreciated.

2. Looking at the form in the link above, there are two options for Tier 2, "up to 3 years leave to remain" and "over 3 years leave to remain". The first with a fee of £601 and the second with £1,202. Having read the policy guidance, it mentions that if the spouse (i.e me) is granted ILR, then the maximum extension they would award is 3 years (i have provided an extract from the guidance stating this below for reference). That leaves me wondering which of the above I should select.

"Periods of grant
30. We will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave, except where the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain. In these cases, we will grant you a period of three years leave. An application for further leave may then be made if required to take you up to the applicable qualifying period for indefinite leave to remain."

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanking you in advance

Dipesh

vishpb35

Re: Tier2 to ILR-process for dependant visa extension

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Apply for tier2 dependent visa, she will get visa for max of 3 years for 601 postal or 901 peo. If u want to apply 3+ years of visa then fees is different.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2 to ILR-process for dependant visa extension

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa.

3 years might be enough for her depending on your circumstances for her to reach ILR qualification criteria (especially if shes already in UK).
Otherwise, apply for 3+ years which will give her a full 5 year visa.