ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dedekind
Newly Registered

Police registration

Post by dedekind » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 am

Hi all,

so we finally arrived to the UK a few days ago!

Now, I realized, being a national of Argentina, that I am on the list of people who need to register with the police when arriving. However when I read their information, it says that I should only do it if it appears on my passport/visa or if the entry officer has told me to do so. Neither of that is true, the only thing appearing on the visa is "No recourse to public funds", with no mention of police registration or anything.

Do I still need to do it? It's not clear whether people from that list of countries should do it independently of what the visa says.

Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Police registration

Post by manci » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:37 am

it is a requirement to register even if the entry stamp doesn't show it (which it should have).
https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police

dedekind
Newly Registered

Post by dedekind » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 pm

But that webpage says precisely:

When you arrive in the UK the visa in your passport will say ‘police registration within 7 days of arrival’ if you need to register.

I will go tomorrow nevertheless, but it's so unclear..

dedekind
Newly Registered

Post by dedekind » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:06 am

Also, the OVRO webpage says:

Question: My visa in my passport does not show a requirement to register with the police, can I register anyway?
Answer: No, you will need to wait until you receive a requirement to register which can be imposed in your passport /travel document or Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) when you apply for a new visa in the UK or abroad.

Perhaps there is a mistake in my visa?