ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN FORM section 1.8 - "another name" question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wakeuphappy

AN FORM section 1.8 - "another name" question

Post by Wakeuphappy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:40 am

1.8 If you are or have ever been known by any name or names apart from those mentioned above, please give details here.

my name is really long and complicated. so i have a sort of nickname that my colleagues know me as. so shall i put that name down? and what kind of details shall i give??

many thanks,

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: AN FORM section 1.8 - "another name" question

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 am

Would you like your Nick Name in British Passport ?

At NCS I was told that I can choose whatever name from the long nameI have for my British passport but the complications you face is you have to change all other documents related to your life for any legal reference etc etc ..

Wakeuphappy

Post by Wakeuphappy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 am

that name will appear on the passport? so you have to choose which name to use at NCS?

will they ask me which name I'd like to have on my passport? if that's the case then how i do prove who i am if im invited to the ceremony and i have to prove my identity? because on all the official documents i have my official name. i would like to change my name to the "nickname". can i just do that while applying for the naturalization and passport?

thanks,

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am

Wakeuphappy wrote:that name will appear on the passport? so you have to choose which name to use at NCS?

will they ask me which name I'd like to have on my passport? if that's the case then how i do prove who i am if im invited to the ceremony and i have to prove my identity? because on all the official documents i have my official name. i would like to change my name to the "nickname". can i just do that while applying for the naturalization and passport?

thanks,
see mate if in the applicaiton if you have decided not to put any middle names which are present in your present passport... they will not consider that..they are absolutely fine with that........ if first name doesnt change...they are absolutely fine..
what ever u put in the first page I think they will consider it..

Give a call to NCS..they will explain better if you decide to choose nick name..

Wakeuphappy

Post by Wakeuphappy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:46 am

Thank you so much, i didn't realise NCS could give advice on the form too. i thought i had to contact the home office. usually its a pain in the backside to get through to them.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:37 pm

Wakeuphappy wrote:Thank you so much, i didn't realise NCS could give advice on the form too. i thought i had to contact the home office. usually its a pain in the backside to get through to them.
I think they can suggest..they are present to check your applicaiton and what you filled ..they should be aware of what should be filled as well..
The lady at NCS has suggested me that about middlename.... but as you said ...not all NCS agents might be aware of .. they might direct you to Homeoffice..

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 am

Hi, I've a similar query regarding "known by any other names?..."

After marraige my wife's surname had changed to mine. It is officially present in BRPs, Passports and all other documents since marriage (except in her educational certificates, the certificates have her first name and maiden name). I'll be using her Degree certificate for English language requirement.

From Form AN: 1.8Ifyouareorhaveeverbeenknownbyanynameornamesapartfromthosementionedabove,pleasegivedetailshere.

I was under the impression that the question is related to any other unofficial 'First Names' and 'Nick Names'; my wife doesn't have any.

So far I've been leaving the above question 'blank' in all previous Tier1 (G) dependant visa and extesntion applications. If I mention it now in the Naturalisation application, would that be a problem (Would the HO question, why it has not been provided in earliar applications??).

Kindly advise.