ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application with Indian Passport - Visa expired

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karunakar143
Newly Registered

MN1 Application with Indian Passport - Visa expired

Post by karunakar143 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 am

Hello all,

This is regarding the MN1 application I have submitted for my daughter. Both parents have ILR and I have used NCS (Barking). Submitted on 19th May 2014. Acknowledgement received in 7 days.

Her FLR (T1 - dependant) visa expired on 7th July and I am not sure if she is considered as an 'over stayer' now???? In addition to this she needs to travel to India later this month and by the looks of it she may not get the naturalisation approval before that time. The questions I now have are:

1. Is she considered as an 'over stayer' ?
2. Can she travel to India without any issue on her Indian passport?
3. With a bit of luck, if the naturalisation letter turns up before she travels:
3.1 - can she apply for British passport and then leave the country?
3.2 - If this happens can someone else carry her passport to India so that she can return to the UK?
3.3 When and where is she expected to return her Indian passport?
4. If the letter arrives after she left the country, can she apply for the British passport in India?

Apologies for the complex questions (may not be too complex for some of you).

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks and regards,

Karan