ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current visa expires before making new visa application!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Femtim
Newly Registered

Current visa expires before making new visa application!

Post by Femtim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Manci,

I am granted Tier 2 General visa recently. I applied from Home country. My visa is valid from 18th August 2014. My previous visa was PSW dependant, where my husband was the main applicant. My husband is in UK right now. His visa is expiring on 17th August. We are planning to change his visa status as dependent on my visa. The issue is, I cannot travel before 18th August.

Please suggest what my husband needs to do, since his visa expires one day before my visa start date? Should he apply for 1 day service on 18th? Is this the right thing to do? Give me suggestions on what needs to be done. Your reply is much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Femila

vishpb35

Re: Current visa expires before making new visa application!

Post by vishpb35 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:53 pm

what is stopping you to not apply for his extension by post before expiry and then you come here as planned.
can his visa be not extended?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Current visa expires before making new visa application!

Post by manci » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Femtim wrote:Hi Manci,

I am granted Tier 2 General visa recently. I applied from Home country. My visa is valid from 18th August 2014. My previous visa was PSW dependant, where my husband was the main applicant. My husband is in UK right now. His visa is expiring on 17th August. We are planning to change his visa status as dependent on my visa. The issue is, I cannot travel before 18th August.

Please suggest what my husband needs to do, since his visa expires one day before my visa start date? Should he apply for 1 day service on 18th? Is this the right thing to do? Give me suggestions on what needs to be done. Your reply is much appreciated.

This is not a problem, there is no gap - your husband's leave expires at the end of 17 August and your leave starts on 18 August. I suggest that he posts his application while he has valid leave which in practice means Saturday 16 August latest. The application form is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

However, even if he doesn't apply while he has valid leave he can apply within 28 days of the expiry of his visa. See the first para in the Addendum (at the beginning of the document):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf