ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Gen out of country application form help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navin1208
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gen out of country application form help

Post by navin1208 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Gents

I was looking for an existing discussions on out of country application, specifically for the people who are switching from PBS dependent to Tier 2 Gen primary applicant. We have been advised by home office sponsor as well as in-country helpline that the application needs to be submitted from home country. As well, the dependents (Tier 2 ICT Long term staff) can switch to dependents in-country.
however, the visa4UK website primarily appears to be designed for people who are not in the UK and rightfully so. It would be good if experts can give their opinions as much as they can and personal experiences of people preferably switching from home country. We are in process of filling up the online application form (link if it helps someone - https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/index) and there are few initial questions:
1. The online application requires entry and exit dates from the UK in travel history. Is it possible to submit the application from the UK and go back to home country to file the application? Being able to book the appointments from the UK
2. Can VFS (Bangalore, India in my case) correct any errors in the application, minor errors like home office reference nos, dates etc?
3. does anyone know current waiting times before we can book priority appointment at VFS Bangalore
4. What should one be careful about information asked? Anything specific one needs to be very careful about that amounts to rejection? for example marriage subsistence??
5. Are there any personal interviews?
6. Thanks to 1 of the senior members for clarifying that address can just be the india address in permanent address but UK address wouldn't do any harm & Bank statements can be UK ones
7. Previous UK visas, question re home office reference nos. I have had extension of tier2 ICT from the UK and I was wondering if these are reference nos on the Biometric card or ref nos on letters that come with extension approval? At the mo, I have got down the ref nos on the extension approval on the application
8. Do we need to still provide a copy of Degree and mark transcript even though we are submitting proof of english lang IELTS test?
9. I have read that appears like an insignificant detail but can prove quite key. Appears that the bank statement for maintenance funds should have £945 pounds for self but as well even if the dependents may join later the statements should have no of dependents x £645 in account, for last 90 days minimum
10. Any need for marriage certificate and birth certificate for main applicant?

Can people pls give their experiences in filing tier 2 Gen from home country pls as well?

Thanks
Cheers
N