ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: COS Confusioin

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prashu7
Newly Registered

Urgent: COS Confusioin

Post by prashu7 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello,

I have applied for Tier 2 general 3 years In country application. All went smoothly and received biometric.
We suddenly realised my company provided me with Sponsorship licence number instead of COS. they recently took Sponsor licence in order to sponsor me, they are unaware of the process. When I ask for COS they gave me a number saying COS(which is actually Sponsor licence number). Yesterday I looked at my friends COS and realised I wrote the wrong number on my application. Went to work and spoke to HR about the same. She then realised and immediately assigned a CoS on my name.

I have posted the COS along with the hand written letter today (6th Aug) explaining the situation that there was some confusion with my Case ID to UKVI. I am shattered not sure what will happen to my application now. I have no idea that the HR lady did not assign a CoS and jus gave me their licence number instead. I tried to confirm with her couple of times before posting application , but she stressed it is the CoS number. I have sent some screenshots from SMS guide today and questioned her again, only then she realised and assigned a COS. I am very worried. Can anyone help me or advise me on this.

Thanks

1. Type of application: (Switching / Extending) Tier 2 Switching
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from PSW
3. Date of expiry of current leave: July 18th 2014
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: July 10th 2014
6. Date application received at UKBA: July 11th 2014
7. Date payment debited: July 11th 2014
8. Payment mode : Postal Order
9. Acknowledgement letter received: July 16th 2014
10. Biometric letter received: 1st Aug 2014
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 2nd Aug 2014