ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New license and COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pswtotier2

New license and COS

Post by pswtotier2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 am

Hi Experts,

I am changing company from tier2 general to tier2 general

I have recently got conditional offer from a company and they start getting new sponsor license, which they got few weeks back.

I got the update from them that they got approved license holder but waiting for COS to be granted ( more than 3 weeks now). Wasn't COS allocated along with license? Don't you think they are confusing here? I personally contact home office and checked with them, the gentleman I spoke, confirmed that COS must be allocated with license. I told my employer about this and waiting for their update

Mean time I need your advice how to proceed this. Anyone went through the same please advice me

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: New license and COS

Post by manci » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:30 am

first of all check if the company is on the list of T2 sponsors:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -08-06.pdf

if they are and they haven't got an unrestricted CoS allocation it is because they haven't asked for one. They need to request an increase in their allocation from 0 to at least 1 (for you). This is done through the SMS.

pswtotier2

Post by pswtotier2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks Manci,

yes the company name is updated on the list.

Apparently you are right, seems they haven't request one during the application.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to be granted once they request the COS. it is almost 3 weeks now!

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 am

3 weeks seems a long time. Ask the sponsor to call the UKVI employer helpline 0300 123 4699

pswtotier2

Post by pswtotier2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks Manci,

I will try to contact my employer and see. thanks for your time and help