ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single occupant - Do I need Property Inspection Reports

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Single occupant - Do I need Property Inspection Reports

Post by networkers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:48 am

Hi Guys,

I am living on my own in this property which have two bedroom and two reception rooms and I have rented it from a private landlord. I am also paying discounted council tax because of the single occupant discount is applied by council.

I'll be applying for my spouse (wifes's settlement) visa from Pakistan shortly, so wondering do I need to get the Property Inspection Reports?

Thanks in advance.

WR1

Re: Single occupant - Do I need Property Inspection Reports

Post by WR1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there
The above is from the guidance in relating to supporting documents:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

I can't say for 100% that a property inspection report is required as the guidance only states it can be included but no mention that IT MUST be included. However, the main benefit it provides is that it is a independent report carried out by qualified person confirming the details you provided above.

To satisfy the Home Office of the accommodation aspect can possibly be done without using a property inspection report and relying on your landlords tenancy agreement and covering letter for example. As long as you are able to satisfy the Home Office of the accommodation requirements.

The choice is yours but personally I would go with the independent property report as it makes your application iron clad.

The link below gives a little more info:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:52 pm

If it's flat and you're the only one living there,you don't necessarily need it, but if you're sharing the property or flat with anyone else.
It will be advisable to have it done, it's simply to prove the house won't be overcrowded if an additional person joins in.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:58 am

It's not needed. Technically you have 4 rooms you could use as bedrooms so plenty of room.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks WR1, Rayking and SoHopeful for your responses.
So as I am living alone in this terrace house which technically have 4 rooms so this report is something nice to have, but not required. That's a good news, as I was trying to get hold of Birmingham Council to schedule the inspection and never managed to reach the right team after waiting and jumping between lots of departments and teams.

As WR1 said, it will strengthen the case if added so will try Council office again. Though not very hopeful about getting it from Birmingham council as I couldn't find any such service offered by them on their website.