ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Entry to different country

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cipher
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa - Entry to different country

Post by cipher » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently a UK resident, with a Tier 1 Visa valid till December 2015. I recently applied for a schengen visa through the Italian embassy and I got my visa valid for 1 month. I was scheduled to go away for a week to Italy in July for a week, but unfortunately I fell sick ( I suffer from Chron's disease and I had a really bad episode) and I had to cancel my trip (I lost the fee for the airlines but I managed to cancel my hotel booking). Now I would really like to travel to Spain with my wife. (which was part of the original plan), but I am not sure if I can since I never entered Italy in the first place. It's only for a weekend.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions around. Some say that it doesn't matter which country I enter through as the Schengen visa is valid for all schengen states and they cannot prove that I did not visit Italy (I could have driven through from Spain to Italy or caught a train and there is no immigration stamping). Other say that they can indeed identify that I have not been to Italy and reject my next Schengen Visa application on the basis that I misused my original Italian issued schengen visa.

I would very much appreciate any advice or guidance in this regard. Which embassy should I speak to and get this clarified?

Regards

Alex

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Schengen Visa - Entry to different country

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:18 pm

If your Schengen visa is still valid then you can travel to any Schengen country as long as you satisfy the standard questions such as insurance, funds, accommodation etc to immigration authorities at Airport (if being asked).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Donutz

Re: Schengen Visa - Entry to different country

Post by Donutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm

If Chiper is married to a UK national and traveling together to any EU nation then most visa conditions do not even apply: no need for insurance (though I would get one for your own sake!), proof of accomodation, minimum funds etc. He would fall under directive 2004/38 and be entitled to a free visa with minimum hassle (paperwork: marriage act, translation, if possible certified by the authorities of his country) and issued ASAP (within 15 calendar days).

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm