ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer's Experience with NHS and UKBA + Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zoe14

Overstayer's Experience with NHS and UKBA + Questions

Post by zoe14 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:15 pm

hi all,

The UKBA stormed the wedding ceremony and gave me 3 back to back questionnaires to identify if our relationship is genuine or not. I was heavily pregnant by then, and they believed that it is a genuine relationship. They agreed to proceed with the wedding ceremony.

Now, I have my marriage certificate. And just gave birth to a baby. NHS sent a letter saying that I have to pay £1,700 + for the maternity costs. Given, that I am a partner of an EU National who exercises his treaty rights I should be entitled to free medical care.

They sent me a letter that if I dont pay within 3 months it will affect my future application with UKBA. We havent sent the EEA2 Application yet, perhaps this coming September instead. Is there a loophole for this?

We obviously cannot pay NHS and we also cannot afford getting a Solicitor. PLEASE HELP

Imshzd

Re: Overstayer's Experience with NHS and UKBA + Questions

Post by Imshzd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Thats a shame on NHS and Home office visa and immigration policy makers.
Last edited by Imshzd on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:46 pm

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Based on the link that you have sent me: it states there "You are not considered to be living lawfully in the UK if have overstayed your visa"....

However, as I am married to an EU national who exercises his treaty rights, am I already considered to be ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK?

I dont have documentations still since I will be submitting my EEA2 Application soon.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:26 pm

How was/is the EU exercising a tray right? Employed, Student or self sufficient?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Wanderer wrote:How was/is the EU exercising a tray right? Employed, Student or self sufficient?
He is employed

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:09 pm

zoe14 wrote:He is employed
If your spouse is employed, then you're in a perfectly legal status since your marriage. A residence card only confirms this but is no prerequisite for your status. If the NHS wants to see proof, then send them a copies of your marriage certificate and confirmation of your spouse's employment (e.g. wage slips).

Unfortunately, I don't know which rules apply up to your wedding. If you have already used the NHS before your wedding (e.g. ante-natal appointments), then they might be allowed to charge you for those appointments; but I can't say for sure.

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

Stefan-TR wrote:
zoe14 wrote:He is employed
If your spouse is employed, then you're in a perfectly legal status since your marriage. A residence card only confirms this but is no prerequisite for your status. If the NHS wants to see proof, then send them a copies of your marriage certificate and confirmation of your spouse's employment (e.g. wage slips).

Unfortunately, I don't know which rules apply up to your wedding. If you have already used the NHS before your wedding (e.g. ante-natal appointments), then they might be allowed to charge you for those appointments; but I can't say for sure.
qho do you think is the best person i should ask about this? thanks!