ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change name after BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

change name after BC application

Post by friday » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 am

Hi All,

I recently applied for BC via NCS using AN form. I have few concerns and it would be great if you can advice please:

1- I provided my old and new passports. The old passport contains my student VISA that I used to enter UK. This passport has 2 different student VISA (original and an extension) plus another older visitor VISA. I was going through the documents with the officer and I pointed out, by mistake, to him that the Visitor VISA is my original student VISA.
I am concerned that he photocopied the Visitor VISA only and not the student VISA? Do they photocopy every page of the passport or the VISA stamps only?

2- The office asked me if I am happy with my name inititals. My name on passport is something like this: Alain T A Martin (T initial for father name- Tim and A initial for grandfather name). Ideally, I wanted to include the full father name to be like this: Alain Tim Matin, I but did not want to complicate my application.
From the fourm, I noticed that I should provide evidence if I want to include my full father name. Can you please if I can change my name later in the process? how long this would take? or do you think it really matters to have full father name on passport?

Sorry for the many questions. Thank you in advance.