ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa Refused - Minimum Salary not Met

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Visa Refused - Minimum Salary not Met

Post by ukgendep » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:30 am

Hello Everyone,

Today I have received Visa Refusal Letter stating that the salary mentioned in my CoS is less than the minimum salary for the job code assigned.
Please can anyone tell me if my sponsor has to submit a fresh application for issuing CoS with revised salary (which includes conducting the RLMT again) or its possible to alter the salary of an already assigned RCoS ?

My employer has sent me the new offer letter with revised salary. If I make a fresh application attaching only this letter is it going to fine ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Visa Refused - Minimum Salary not Met

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 pm

1. Since the CoS is already utilized, you cannot reuse it again. You will need a new CoS.

2. If the revised salary is not within the range mentioned in the earlier RLMT, your employer will need to conduct a new RLMT before raising a CoS request.

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukgendep » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:42 pm

moonlight55 wrote:1. Since the CoS is already utilized, you cannot reuse it again. You will need a new CoS.

2. If the revised salary is not within the range mentioned in the earlier RLMT, your employer will need to conduct a new RLMT before raising a CoS request.
Thank you for the reply moonlight.
I have checked with my employer and the revised salary lies in the range mentioned in RLMT. The CoS was assigned to me in July 2014 Allocation Meeting. I have read that I can apply for CoS 6 months from the date of advertisement. Can you confirm if this is right ?

Also, if you check https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf Use of restricted CoS -> 29.42 (b) It wasn't clear whether the sponsor can change the salary particulars once the CoS has been assigned.

If changing the salary once the CoS has been assigned is not possible I guess the only option would be apply for New CoS aiming for September 2014 Allocation meeting with the revised salary and submitting the RLMT documents as earlier (presuming its still valid).

prashu7
Newly Registered

Post by prashu7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi ukgendep,

There was a issue with my CoS and my visa got rejected today they have sent back all the documents I have submitted except for passport. Could you please let me know if they send the passporrt separately?

Thanks

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukgendep » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:48 am

prashu7 wrote:Hi ukgendep,

There was a issue with my CoS and my visa got rejected today they have sent back all the documents I have submitted except for passport. Could you please let me know if they send the passporrt separately?

Thanks
Hi prashu,

I got my passports along with all the documents I had submitted with my Visa application and the refusal letter.

prashu7
Newly Registered

Post by prashu7 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know, I got all the other documents except for passports. I am feeling lost and dont know what to do.

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukgendep » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:42 am

Moderators, please help.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 am

Yes, your employer is correct. The RLMT is valid for 6 months. I'm not sure of the re-use since guidance does not mention anything on it. Would request seniors to clarify. however, my personal view is that once assigned, you cannot reuse it. Your employer has to apply for a new restricted CoS.