ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Letter from Employer - Please advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nen1101
Newly Registered

ILR - Letter from Employer - Please advise

Post by nen1101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Hello All,

I am due to apply my ILR soon. My employer has provided me a standard letter addressing UKBA confirming my permanent employment status, SOC code, Salary, address and also confirming my employment continuation for the foreseeable future.

My solicitor has raised a concern and asked me to get the letter revised to include missing information that home office require which includes start date of employment and how many hours per week I work.

My current employer is resisting in issuing a revised letter and insisted that the format provided should be fine.

Could any one of you please advise if those two points should definitely need to be mentioned in the letter apart from the once listed, in that case I would go back to my employer. If not would it be ok to go-ahead with the existing letter format provided by the employer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

nen1101
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Letter from Employer - Please advise

Post by nen1101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello, could anyone please advise me.. Many Thanks

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Sorry mate I am not on Tier 2 but looked at some sites for your case and can find the following,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 76413.html

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... n-for-ilr/

May be search this forum for similar cases. To be honest with you, I would agree with your solicitor.

I think you should pester your employer to provide the letter you need. They just cant ignore your request. Just mention to them that you have called UKBA and they have requested for it. Thats it. You cant choose to lose your money/future due to a lazy HR/clerk/admin. :D Just tell them UKBA requested for it. You are not asking anything illegally, so you have all rights.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope that helps.

nen1101
Newly Registered

Post by nen1101 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I have got through my ILR.
Thank You @aravindb4u for your advise also thanks to all people in this forum for providing a platform to seek help.

Good Luck to everyone.

prad500
Newly Registered

Post by prad500 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:09 am

nen1101 wrote:I have got through my ILR.
Thank You @aravindb4u for your advise also thanks to all people in this forum for providing a platform to seek help.

Good Luck to everyone.
So did you go back to your employer requesting for these additional details? Or, just use what the employer had provided? Would be great if you can provide a sample of the employment verification letter?

Thanks.