ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for T2 out of country with valid Tier 4 ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Apply for T2 out of country with valid Tier 4 ?

Post by hellothere77 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Is it ok to apply for Tier2 visa out of country (back in my home country) if I still hold tier 4 and the official end of course (Master's Degree) is September 30. (Although the classes already ended) The potential dates for visa application are sep 18-20. I cannot switch in country as I will not have my degree confirmation untill November, but the job is due to commence in Early October. The employer is willing to issue a restricted COS

Many thanks!

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for T2 out of country with valid Tier 4 ?

Post by hellothere77 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Guys pleaseee anyone?? Also will my English language req be waived since I had previously held a tier 4 (although degree is not awarded yet) i ve seen in the ukba rules that as long as you were granted a leave before your fine, am i right?

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 pm

I don't see why it should be a problem but if you are worried then you can explain this on the last page of the online form or in a letter.

They will see straightaway that you are currently on Tier 4, so just explain it clearly.

Btw, if your current Tier 4 visa was an extension after a different degree, you may be eligible to switch in country.

In general, I would recommend making sure your Sponsor certifies your maintenance so you don't have to worry about showing funds. This will include dependants if you have any.

I would also read the guidance carefully and make sure the job you will be doinbg fits the Codes correctly, and at the appropriate rate etc.

Good luck!

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:14 pm

ECOTROT wrote:I don't see why it should be a problem but if you are worried then you can explain this on the last page of the online form or in a letter.

They will see straightaway that you are currently on Tier 4, so just explain it clearly.

Btw, if your current Tier 4 visa was an extension after a different degree, you may be eligible to switch in country.

In general, I would recommend making sure your Sponsor certifies your maintenance so you don't have to worry about showing funds. This will include dependants if you have any.

I would also read the guidance carefully and make sure the job you will be doinbg fits the Codes correctly, and at the appropriate rate etc.

Good luck!
Thank you for your response!

My bachelor degree is not from UK so I am not able to apply in country as my award confirmation will be ready in november and the job's start date is early october. The problem I was worried about is that I am applying on sep 18 for tier 2, still holding tier 4 that states that official end of course date is sep 30. But thanks I will make sure to mention that on the last page.

Can you help me on the language requirement please?
It is written in the UKBA rules that if I was granted leave to entry on previoous PBS visa I dont need to demonstrate that, but in the self assessment calculator there is no option like that, only "I hold a UK degree" (and I wont have the degree confirmation upon the application)

Also, what do you mean by "fits the Codes correctly"? The exact title is not under NQF6 list but overall are is.

Hope it is not too confusing and many thanks in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm

hellothere77 wrote:It is written in the UKBA rules that if I was granted leave to entry on previous PBS visa I dont need to demonstrate that
not so, see the T2 guidance, para 126, last bullet point:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

re. the point ECOTROT made read para 66 in the same guidance

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

manci wrote:not so, see the T2 guidance, para 126, last bullet point:
[/color][/b]
[/quote]

Thanks so much! It's clear now about the para 66
re. the language req, by "not so" did you mean "the granted leave will not be enough to get 10pts?" if yes can I please ask why cause the paragraph you highlighted actually says:

You will be awarded 10 points for English language where you have met the English
language requirement in a previous grant of leave. This will be the case if you have ever
been granted leave in one of the following categories:
Tier 4 (General) student where the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies used to support your application for that grant was assigned on or after 21 April 2011.

So having entered the country with tier 4 visa is not sufficient if you dont have the award confirmation yet? It doesnt seem to be asking any confirmation tho..

Also do you know by any chance if I can do TB screen here in the UK(and if they have accredited clinics here) and then go to my country and apply for tier 2 "out of country"?

Many thanks Manci!!!